Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extensions for Magpul's Pmag 17

mikey_golds

Anyone know what Mag Extensions fit the Magpul Glock Pmag 17

https://magpul.com/firearm-accessories/pmags/glockr/pmag17gl9-9x19-glockg17.html

Been googling for and can't seem to find anything definitive besides the Zev extension which runs about 50-60 bucks if you can find them in stock? Sent some e-mails to Shield, Strike Ind, Hyve. Assuming I will hear back at some point but figured a quick post and some feedback from y'all wouldn't hurt. 

Arredondo work very well. I’ve got a few pmags and used these with no issue. They advertise as a plus 5 but they take plus 4. 

https://dawsonprecision.com/arredondo-magazine-extension-for-p17-glock-magazine-by-magpul/

To my knowledge, aside from the zev no one else makes a compatible extension. 

Edited by slodsm

2 hours ago, slodsm said:

Damn I wish I would have found those before I spent 100 bucks on Arredondo, I’d have given them a shot. 

the cain look sort of cheaply made... almost 3D printed

LOL I scroll all the way down "specialize in 3D printed items" ... I am dumb

Edited by mikey_golds

DO NOT buy the Cain Arms extensions. I bought 3 P320 extensions for my wife's pistol, and if they are dropped on concrete they shatter. It's happened twice now.
I wouldn't trust them not to shatter if dropped on gravel, stage props, etc. They are 3d printed and work fine till they break, but they are really poorly made.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, obsessiveshooter said:

DO NOT buy the Cain Arms extensions. I bought 3 P320 extensions for my wife's pistol, and if they are dropped on concrete they shatter. It's happened twice now.
I wouldn't trust them not to shatter if dropped on gravel, stage props, etc. They are 3d printed and work fine till they break, but they are really poorly made.

Yup, looking at them closer now I agree, I’ll stick with what I have. 

I don’t know if any of the Glock based pads with run on the pmags, the lower lip is much much thicker. Glock mags aren’t expensive and you can get extensions as low as 15 bucks from strike industries that are well made and run like a champ (I have 4 sets of those in factory mags that have never hiccuped) but for Magpul, I guess we are pretty limited. I’ve been collecting Glock brand mags since back when they were 17-20 bucks each though so I’ve got a pretty big stash. I’ll admit though, the magpul mags I do have are flawless. I’m dicking around with a limited pistol based off a P80 lower and it’s the only thing they’ve ever failed in and it was in the first 50 rounds of a very very tight/new gun. Slide to frame fit on this thing was the tightest I’ve ever had in a poly pistol and I was getting glock mag failures as well. 

On 1/19/2020 at 1:17 PM, obsessiveshooter said:

Here you go: search in Ebay-
Aluminum Alloy FIREPOWER Base Pad Kit For IPSC USPSA IDPA SHOOTING G17/19/22

These work well, bought a few to try out on some old OEM mags I have.  Don't bother getting ones with springs, the springs are trash, buy Wolff +10% for them.

• 11 months later...

I tried the Cain and was not impressed, it does appear to be 3D printed and, as I recall, only added 3 rounds. I recently tried the Arredondo and it has worked great and added 5 rounds. This gives me a 22 round mag for those times when the 21 rounds of the Pmags I routinely use is just not enough, haha.