Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

All around holster for a Glock 19

midvalleyshooter

Hi, I'm looking for suggestions on a good all around holster for a Glock 19?

My plan is to focus on shooting my Glock 19's for 2020. I want to see how much I can improve shooting the 19's and I want one do it with a holster I can conceal as well as use it on the range. I have an old school Bladetech that I may use but I'm looking for other suggestions as well. The Bladetech does not conceal well honestly.

Thanks in advance,

Keith

For dual range/carry I like a good kydex pancake or low profile outside the waistband holster (such as Bravo Concealment OWB or the Raven Concealment Perun OWB). They hold the gun close to the body, but not as much as an inside-the-waistband, so you can still get a full grip without digging your thumb behind the gun. 

3 hours ago, midvalleyshooter said:

Hi, I'm looking for suggestions on a good all around holster for a Glock 19?

My plan is to focus on shooting my Glock 19's for 2020. I want to see how much I can improve shooting the 19's and I want one do it with a holster I can conceal as well as use it on the range. I have an old school Bladetech that I may use but I'm looking for other suggestions as well. The Bladetech does not conceal well honestly.

Thanks in advance,

Keith

Red Hill Tactical's Tight and Tucked if you need to do both.....

Have you considered competing with a concealment holster?

Draws may be a little slower, but still manageable. I've seen a couple folks running carry holsters and doing ok. Just have to be careful reholstering.
That said, I use a Crossbreed for carry, Bladetech for competition, and sometimes I'll wear a Serpa while hunting.

does your bladetech have a drop and offset piece?  with that piece removed it sits pretty close to you, so decent concealment.  with the dos piece it drops and puts it away from you for easier draws for competitions and the like.

13 hours ago, davsco said:

does your bladetech have a drop and offset piece?  with that piece removed it sits pretty close to you, so decent concealment.  with the dos piece it drops and puts it away from you for easier draws for competitions and the like.

I have had DOH type holsters. This Bladetech G19 holster is one of the original made from folded kydex. So no DOH and it will conceal under a jacket. The pistol butt sticks out too far for wearing just a loose shirt. I used it yesterday in a match and it works great in that role.

My schedule this year is going to allow only a few matches. So I decided to focus on my G19's and use a holster I can wear to the range and also while at the range. The Bravo Concealment looks like it can do that. I will report back when it arrives.

Thanks again!