Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Glock 22 LR - G44

Yondering

I put 637 rounds through mine today and I had one light strike that fired the second time and two rounds hung up on the feed ramp when I hit the slide stop on a full magazine. Both were bulk HP rounds and after that I didn’t have any problems. It does not like subsonic ammo. I put 10 rounds of Aguilla 40gr and the first 5 rounds ejected, but didn’t have enough energy to load the next round.

Range was 10 yards and I was shooting as fast as I could load the only magazine I bought.

Ammo used: 
CCI Stinger 50 
Federal black 100 
Federal Auto match 50 
Federal bulk 50 
Winchester black 50 
Winchester 555 bulk 50 
Aguilla super 50 
Aguilla subsonic 10 rds 5 failure to feed 
CCI Blazer 50 
CCI ar tactical 152 
Winchester wildcat 35 

A36A4BA2-F82E-4BE1-9EFF-8E3C54630975.jpeg

1140443F-6769-4EC4-92F1-F1E5286C9E93.jpeg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, gunz213 said:

I put 637 rounds through mine today and I had one light strike that fired the second time and two rounds hung up on the feed ramp when I hit the slide stop on a full magazine. Both were bulk HP rounds and after that I didn’t have any problems. It does not like subsonic ammo. I put 10 rounds of Aguilla 40gr and the first 5 rounds ejected, but didn’t have enough energy to load the next round.

Range was 10 yards and I was shooting as fast as I could load the only magazine I bought.

Ammo used: 
CCI Stinger 50 
Federal black 100 
Federal Auto match 50 
Federal bulk 50 
Winchester black 50 
Winchester 555 bulk 50 
Aguilla super 50 
Aguilla subsonic 10 rds 5 failure to feed 
CCI Blazer 50 
CCI ar tactical 152 
Winchester wildcat 35 

A36A4BA2-F82E-4BE1-9EFF-8E3C54630975.jpeg

1140443F-6769-4EC4-92F1-F1E5286C9E93.jpeg

Do you have a threaded barrel?  Just wondering why you were shooting subsonic.  I'd be interested to see if it would cycle with subsonic while suppressed 

2 hours ago, Jeremyc_1999 said:

Thanks for the reply.  I think I'm going to wait until higher capacity magazines come out and if Glock will offer a stock model with a threaded barrel

I hope the mags won’t be long. The barrel said in stock and I ordered through Glock on launch day. As of today they still have no info when it will ship.

We picked up a Glock 44 tonight.  I feel like I have a fair amount of experience with 22 LR pistol, I shot Bullseye for a couple of years (which I find totally boring now).  Our dealer had 3 in stock and we picked the gun that felt like it had the lightest trigger of the three.  We ran 220 rounds through the gun.  Two hundred rounds were CCI mini mag, and 20 were Federal standard velocity bulk target that Walmart sold years ago.  The gun ran 100%.  We were at a indoor range and the bulk Federals were plain lead bullets and there was more smoke, less desirable inside.  The slide did not lock back every single time for my wife.  It was reasonably accurate but shot about 0.5" high at 10 yards.  It is basically like shooting a centerfire Glock except for the sights barely move off target with a quiet report.  I thought the trigger felt a little stout when dry firing but it felt nice enough shooting it.  I have at minimal 3.5 pound connectors in every other Glock I have including the carry guns but I do not plan to change the trigger.  I pulled back on the striker and the striker spring feels pretty strong.  The barrel cleaned up easy with some Hoppes.  I was worried about cleaning out lead, but a few passes with a nylon brush and a single patch and it was pristine.

I have a 12 year old that likes shooting and this will be a good skill building tool for him, lots of rounds to build good habits.  My wife is a competitive 3 gunner also and so many woman have asked her for training.  We feel like this would be a good tool for that as well.  It was genuinely and surprisingly fun to shoot.  

14 hours ago, 12glocks said:

We picked up a Glock 44 tonight.  I feel like I have a fair amount of experience with 22 LR pistol, I shot Bullseye for a couple of years (which I find totally boring now).  Our dealer had 3 in stock and we picked the gun that felt like it had the lightest trigger of the three.  We ran 220 rounds through the gun.  Two hundred rounds were CCI mini mag, and 20 were Federal standard velocity bulk target that Walmart sold years ago.  The gun ran 100%.  We were at a indoor range and the bulk Federals were plain lead bullets and there was more smoke, less desirable inside.  The slide did not lock back every single time for my wife.  It was reasonably accurate but shot about 0.5" high at 10 yards.  It is basically like shooting a centerfire Glock except for the sights barely move off target with a quiet report.  I thought the trigger felt a little stout when dry firing but it felt nice enough shooting it.  I have at minimal 3.5 pound connectors in every other Glock I have including the carry guns but I do not plan to change the trigger.  I pulled back on the striker and the striker spring feels pretty strong.  The barrel cleaned up easy with some Hoppes.  I was worried about cleaning out lead, but a few passes with a nylon brush and a single patch and it was pristine.

I have a 12 year old that likes shooting and this will be a good skill building tool for him, lots of rounds to build good habits.  My wife is a competitive 3 gunner also and so many woman have asked her for training.  We feel like this would be a good tool for that as well.  It was genuinely and surprisingly fun to shoot.  

It accepts standard  Glock connectors.  I swapped in a - Connector and the trigger is on par with my G19.  

4 hours ago, dixonk said:

It accepts standard  Glock connectors.  I swapped in a - Connector and the trigger is on par with my G19.  

Thanks I have some - connectors laying around and will try one.  I think Glock specifically engineered the locking block differently otherwise it would have been interchangeable with the compact frames.  All the fire control components seem the same in the frame.  

Thanks again!

27 minutes ago, 12glocks said:

Thanks I have some - connectors laying around and will try one.  I think Glock specifically engineered the locking block differently otherwise it would have been interchangeable with the compact frames.  All the fire control components seem the same in the frame.  

Thanks again!

Indeed everything appears the same with the exception of the locking block and the frame molding around it.  

Just now, Umbrarian said:

No, and it is unlikely there ever will be since the BBL diameter is to thin to thread 1/2x28.

Gotcha.. didn’t understand that.. now I see why the adapter. Don’t understand what they didn’t  make the barrel same diameter as Glock 19 and they could have threaded it without any issues. 

I picked up mine today. Cleaned it and then went to the range. I tested some 6 different kinds of ammo and had zero jams or FTF's. Fun little gun. 

Ammo Tested:

Eley Force

CCI Standard Velocity

CCI Clean Red (1235 FPS)

CCI Clean Black (1070 FPS)

Aguila Super Extra(1255 FPS)

SK Standard Plus

1 minute ago, funflyr said:

I picked up mine today. Cleaned it and then went to the range. I tested some 6 different kinds of ammo and had zero jams or FTF's. Fun little gun. 

Ammo Tested:

Eley Force

CCI Standard Velocity

CCI Clean Red (1235 FPS)

SK Standard Plus

If you do not mind asking...low 400 or high 300 ?  What are you using it for? Is it your first 22 and is there a big difference that would make Glock 44  stand out? I am trying to convince myself here..lol

3 hours ago, Hperea said:

If you do not mind asking...low 400 or high 300 ?  What are you using it for? Is it your first 22 and is there a big difference that would make Glock 44  stand out? I am trying to convince myself here..lol

I paid high 3's if that's what your asking.  I have a son who wants to shoot a lot and a little girl a little recoil sensitive.  I think it's perfect for that.

Edited by 12glocks

17 hours ago, Hperea said:

High 300's.  I will shoot in the GSSF matchs and plink with it.  There's better steel challenge and Rimfire challenge guns out there. I have 2 22/45 lite's for those. One with irons and one with optic. It's nowhere near as accurate as they are but it's still lots of fun to shoot.

On 1/29/2020 at 8:13 AM, funflyr said:

High 300's.  I will shoot in the GSSF matchs and plink with it.  There's better steel challenge and Rimfire challenge guns out there. I have 2 22/45 lite's for those. One with irons and one with optic. It's nowhere near as accurate as they are but it's still lots of fun to shoot.

Why do you say that the 22/45 are better for rimefire challenge?

Yesterday I installed a set of Dawson Precision Glock Adjustable Sights.   https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-precision-glock-adjustable-sight-set/

The factory sights were easy to remove and the new sights installed without any issues.  Some early reports have stated that the extra weight of the Dawson sights have had an effect on the guns ability to cycle.  This week I will test the same 6 types of ammo that I tested with the factory sights in place and see what the results are. This is the list of ammo.

Eley Force

CCI Standard Velocity

CCI Clean Red (1235 FPS)

SK Standard Plus

Yesterday I installed a set of Dawson Precision Glock Adjustable Sights.   https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-precision-glock-adjustable-sight-set/
The factory sights were easy to remove and the new sights installed without any issues.  Some early reports have stated that the extra weight of the Dawson sights have had an effect on the guns ability to cycle.  This week I will test the same 6 types of ammo that I tested with the factory sights in place and see what the results are. This is the list of ammo.

Eley Force

CCI Standard Velocity

CCI Clean Red (1235 FPS)

SK Standard Plus

Very happy to hear that regular Glock sights will fit on the G44. I have a spare set of Dawson adjustables, and a Sevigney fixed rear with a couple of Dawson fiber optic fronts. I’d prefer to go with fixed, so hopefully one of the ones I already have will be the right height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear that a regular “-“ connector will fit. I’m pretty sure I have at least one of those lying around too, but I’ll put a few hundred rounds thru it before making any changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk