Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

This is going to be a multi video process.  Stay tuned for further videos.  They can also be viewed on my Youtube Channel.

More videos to follow shortly

3.  Removing The trigger bar and trigger assembly - (SEE ABOVE FOR POLISHING)

4.  Removal of stock staked trigger pin

5.  Installation of CGW reduced power trigger return spring and CGW floating trigger pin

6.   Reassembly

7.    Testing

Edited by CZFanGrrl

37 minutes ago, belus said:

What does Cesar-Shop mean?

I have no idea. Julius Cesar, Cesar Salad?  Ask Richard, he’s the owner.  They’re in Eastern Europe, Slovaki I think and that’s the name of the store.  We have a hard time getting CZ parts in Canada, impossible to buy direct from CZC or CGW.

Robbie Cernigoj is Cesar-shop, in Slovakia, good guy and used to be a CZ team member before going to Bul. I just brought back a ton of stuff from him and Robin Sebo as CZfangirl states, getting CZ stuff in Canada blows. 
Quite like the strips you use to polish in the various areas. Neat, never thought of using jeweler stuff on my guns. 

3 hours ago, slavex said:

Robbie Cernigoj is Cesar-shop, in Slovakia, good guy and used to be a CZ team member before going to Bul. 

He probably gets tired of getting used to a new sh2  frame  every few months.😀

Edited by yigal

15 hours ago, slavex said:

Robbie Cernigoj is Cesar-shop, in Slovakia, good guy and used to be a CZ team member before going to Bul. I just brought back a ton of stuff from him and Robin Sebo as CZfangirl states, getting CZ stuff in Canada blows. 
Quite like the strips you use to polish in the various areas. Neat, never thought of using jeweler stuff on my guns. 

@slavex Rob, thank you for the correction on his name being Robert, not Richard.  My apologies to Robert Cerigoj!  I only saw the name once, memory like a sieve, it’s an age thing.

Cesar-Shop is awesome to buy from, takes a little bit longer to get here, by maybe a week, but shipping is far more competitive than Canada and I think the prices end up being better as well, even with the exchange rate.  Finding CZ/CZC/CGW parts in Canada is like a full time job.

Yup,  jeweler’s tools work perfectly.  They’re scaled down and use better products for polishing than typical automotive options.  Pick up some 3m polishing films, layer it with the string tape  and away you go; the finish is amazing.

Are you still using the 8.5# main spring? Any issues igniting Winchester or Federals? Have you ever tried the 10# CZC spring for comparison ? I’m using the CGW 11.5# in mine but just ordered an 8.5# to try.

Excellent videos BTW and thanks for sharing them with us.

3 hours ago, igolfat8 said:

Are you still using the 8.5# main spring? Any issues igniting Winchester or Federals? Have you ever tried the 10# CZC spring for comparison ? I’m using the CGW 11.5# in mine but just ordered an 8.5# to try.

Excellent videos BTW and thanks for sharing them with us.

Thank you igolfat8!  I’m hoping Shadow2 owners are finding them useful/helpful.

I’m still using the 8.5# main spring, 100% ignition with Federal primers.  Less reliability with Winchester, one in 20 may fail to ignite.  Significantly less reliability with CCI primers 4 in 20 fail to ignite.  I didn’t know CZC made a 10# hammer spring, I’ve not seen them available in Canada and we can’t order them from CZC either.  The CGW #11.5 increased the D/A to 7.5 lbs trigger pull from 10.5# stock, I’m getting 5 - 5.5# D/A with the 8.5# CGW main spring.  I’m sticking with the 8.5# and the 10# recoil spring.  That combo cycles my 231 3.4gn with 147 Campros really well.  I do have a progressive 10# and a progressive 11# recoil spring coming from Cesar-Shop and I’m curious to try them out.  

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with the 8.5#, but be aware of this, I ran a box of Federal American Eagle through the gun and did run into some light strikes and failure to ignite.  I contacted Federal and they explained that the Federal Factory primers might be set a little deeper in the primer pocket than my reloads, they said that primers are set by feel, you can certainly crush those Federal Match primers deep into the pocket and a finger nail is hard enough to leave an indent.  Polishing makes everything glide.

Be sure to run the extended firing pin and reduced power firing pin spring with the 8.5#, I haven’t tested it without those two things, so not sure if the stock will ignite the primers.  On another note, I did an on the spot spring change on my buddy’s S2 at the range (with the 11.5#main and the 11# recoil - no extended firing pin or reduced power FPS) and he was setting off reloads with CCI primers 100% ignition), go figure.  7.5# trigger pull.  

Be interested to know how that works out for you!  Thanks again!

Edited by CZFanGrrl

I don't use the 8.5# spring in my match gun as it won't make 5lb weight limit for Production. But with the super light firing pin spring from Robin Sebo I have zero issues with all the various primers. I never use extended firing pins though.

If you do the reach reduction kit the 8.5# will be too light in DA, as the arc of the hammer swing is slightly reduced.  I have the RRK  plus all the other CGW parts,  all mating surfaces buffed out.  With an 11.5#  its very nice,  worth more to me than a lighter trigger farther forward. 

2 hours ago, GMP said:

If you do the reach reduction kit the 8.5# will be too light in DA, as the arc of the hammer swing is slightly reduced.  I have the RRK  plus all the other CGW parts,  all mating surfaces buffed out.  With an 11.5#  its very nice,  worth more to me than a lighter trigger farther forward. 

This is great information.  I found the 7.5# pull weight already a marked improvement using the 11.5# hammer spring.  This makes for great options for tuning then using the RRK.  Thank you for the info!

2 hours ago, slavex said:

I don't use the 8.5# spring in my match gun as it won't make 5lb weight limit for Production. But with the super light firing pin spring from Robin Sebo I have zero issues with all the various primers. I never use extended firing pins though.

So the super light firing pin spring is different (even lighter) than the CGW RP FPS?  I’m wondering if that’s the case with the Wolff firing pin spring that’s included with their 11lb recoil spring?  I installed that kit into my buddies S2, no extended firing pin and he’s setting off CCI primers with that combination, I couldn’t do that with the 11.5# CGW main spring in mine, with the CGW RPFPS, but I was also using the extended firing pin as well in combination.

I’ll have another look in Cesar-Shop for the SLFPS and tack it on to the RRK order when they have them back in stock.  Here I’m getting to the part that I find challenging.  Polishing parts is one thing,, but tuning is quite another.  I’m really happy with the way I have my gun set up at the moment; light smooth D/A, reliable, but if I can take it even further, I’m all in,  Thank you for the additional information!  

Edited by CZFanGrrl

As far as I know only Robin has the proper light firing pin spring, it's the CZUB one that was a standard part of the Canadian Shadomate (Orange editions may have had them too), it is a much longer and thinner wire spring. Hit me up at a match I have em too. 

1 hour ago, slavex said:

As far as I know only Robin has the proper light firing pin spring, it's the CZUB one that was a standard part of the Canadian Shadomate (Orange editions may have had them too), it is a much longer and thinner wire spring. Hit me up at a match I have em too. 

Cool!  Thank you for the offer.

I'm running a 9lbs recoil spring, 8.5 HS for Fed primers only, 11.5 HS for all other primers, and the Rami firing pin spring with the CZC extended firing pin.  100% with Fed primers and the DA on my Shadow 2 is below 5lbs (Super polished w/8.5 HS),  I added a Tanfo sear spring (one extra coil) to up the SA to 3lbs.  Took some nifty fitting and went through 3 of them before I got the angles right.  CGW adjustable sear with spacer.  DA and SA as close together as I could make it.  S2 internal work is my benchmark for all my other CZ builds/projects.  I use 125g and 147g projectiles w/Fed primers from NC Shooters.

When the above was performed on my CTS LS-P, the result was 5.2 DA and 2.9 SA w/8.5HS.  The recoil spring is below 9 with an extra coil cut off the S2 setup.  This is my Production backup and my IDPA SSP or ESP gun.  These guns are fun to work on and you must be patient.  I can't wait for the DWX in 40 to come out!

6 hours ago, WxGuy said:

I'm running a 9lbs recoil spring, 8.5 HS for Fed primers only, 11.5 HS for all other primers, and the Rami firing pin spring with the CZC extended firing pin.  100% with Fed primers and the DA on my Shadow 2 is below 5lbs (Super polished w/8.5 HS),  I added a Tanfo sear spring (one extra coil) to up the SA to 3lbs.  Took some nifty fitting and went through 3 of them before I got the angles right.  CGW adjustable sear with spacer.  DA and SA as close together as I could make it.  S2 internal work is my benchmark for all my other CZ builds/projects.  I use 125g and 147g projectiles w/Fed primers from NC Shooters.

When the above was performed on my CTS LS-P, the result was 5.2 DA and 2.9 SA w/8.5HS.  The recoil spring is below 9 with an extra coil cut off the S2 setup.  This is my Production backup and my IDPA SSP or ESP gun.  These guns are fun to work on and you must be patient.  I can't wait for the DWX in 40 to come out!

Thanks for the share!  I have a spare stockpile of springs to experiment with.  How are you dealing with the end of the cut coil?  I can’t imagine you’re running it as an open coil?  Sorry if this is a dumb question.  As a metalsmith, I’d probably anneal the cut end, close it up and then re-harden the spring by tumbling in steel media (and then hope it works).