Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I had to cut the grips down to fit. I really like the OEM grips so wanted to try and make them work. Had a friend make the thumb rest. Still working out the details on it. Doesn’t slide lock and not sure the angle is right. Once we get it worked out he is gonna start selling them on his website.

Just now, Drell said:

Yeah I had to cut the grips down to fit. I really like the OEM grips so wanted to try and make them work. Had a friend make the thumb rest. Still working out the details on it. Doesn’t slide lock and not sure the angle is right. Once we get it worked out he is gonna start selling them on his website.

Very nice. I’m interested in a good thumb rest 

14 hours ago, Pewpewislife said:

Thought I share my piece. 
507 comp
tevo thumb lock

lok brass grips

cheely magwell 

image0.jpeg

Tevo thumb lock may be our best option. I don’t mind having the frame drilled and tapped 

1 hour ago, Posvar said:

Tevo thumb lock may be our best option. I don’t mind having the frame drilled and tapped 

Ya the cheely did require a bit of trimming and fitting, tevo is supposed to make one that works as the takedown lever like their shadow version, but since it’s allowed in LO I figured why not. 

2 hours ago, Seakphotog said:

That's a shame.  Maybe someone else will step up. I'd *really* like an extended safety on mine.

Me tooooo! (If anyone out there is listening and capable). Has anyone taken the safety apart with photos? What exactly is the difference?

Edited by ColoradoNick

9 hours ago, ColoradoNick said:

Me tooooo! (If anyone out there is listening and capable). Has anyone taken the safety apart with photos? What exactly is the difference?

Well over 15 years ago  I honestly don't remember why maybe I could not find the one I wanted or it was taking to long to come in don't know . I took a small safety  added JB weld to it about a 1/4 in when it was hard filed it shaped it spray painted and ran that thing for a long time nobody ever questioned it.  I sold the gun but removed the safety .I wish I could find it. will continue looking to post pictures.  Funny memory 

I would imagine vendors will move some focus over to the DWX at some point. They are probably upset that they put some time into it years ago and then it never came out until years later. 

3 minutes ago, Posvar said:

I would imagine vendors will move some focus over to the DWX at some point. They are probably upset that they put some time into it years ago and then it never came out until years later. 

They’re definitely becoming more available. First round my local shop got sold immediately but i think they’re sitting on a few now that aren’t moving.

6 minutes ago, ColoradoNick said:

They’re definitely becoming more available. First round my local shop got sold immediately but i think they’re sitting on a few now that aren’t moving.

Sorry I was talking about aftermarket parts

4 hours ago, Posvar said:

Sorry I was talking about aftermarket parts

oh I know I was agreeing with you. Why make aftermarket parts for a gun that's not available. They're becoming more available now though, at least locally to me. So far in comparison to a Staccato the DWX seems to get high marks. Especially from the crowd coming from the Shadow 2. 

Edited by ColoradoNick