Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/20/2023 at 1:48 PM, jlficken said:

If you want a 2011 buy one. I’m sure there’s a very good reason why it’s different for the DWX as they tried to use all of the 1911 parts that they possibly could. 

Wow no kidding. Oddly enough I happen to own quite a few 2011s. I want a DWX because it's a different take on the 2011. I am assuming the recoil and lock up feel is a little different and more like the PT Honcho setup. Anyways next time I'll be sure to check with you before writing my opinion on anything. 

It's only irritating because there aren't any wide safetys out for them yet. 

11 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

Wow no kidding. Oddly enough I happen to own quite a few 2011s. I want a DWX because it's a different take on the 2011. I am assuming the recoil and lock up feel is a little different and more like the PT Honcho setup. Anyways next time I'll be sure to check with you before writing my opinion on anything. 

It's only irritating because there aren't any wide safetys out for them yet. 

For future reference, here's a parts compatibility list

SmartSelect_20221219_124039_YouTube.jpg

On 1/14/2023 at 2:54 PM, eerw said:

The guys finished up playing with one of our DWX guns so we could pack it up and take it to SHOT Show.

Starting to see what can be added to such a fun platform. 

Did some slide lightening. sorry, didnt weigh it.

Cut a comp into the thicker part of the barrel to actually get a chamber and not just holes in the barrel. works really well.

Cut for the SRO.

Made a magwell that blends better than the CZ factory well does.

Drilled and tapped mag release for paddle

Installed a new hammer and did trigger job, set at 2# right now.

No pricing on the work yet.

But if in Vegas, come on by the CZ Custom booth and check it out.

74950666_webDWXCZC_DSC4816.thumb.jpg.7e1fcf8c830b959f08abc7497b2ddc19.jpg

1056325580_webDWXCZC_DSC4821.jpg.39ca8a7e6cb1259d31ecd572a2d3d343.jpg

Wow!  I need to call you guys!  Still loving my Shadow 2 Accu from you guys, but this is awesome looking.

On 1/14/2023 at 3:54 PM, eerw said:

The guys finished up playing with one of our DWX guns so we could pack it up and take it to SHOT Show.

Starting to see what can be added to such a fun platform. 

Did some slide lightening. sorry, didnt weigh it.

Cut a comp into the thicker part of the barrel to actually get a chamber and not just holes in the barrel. works really well.

Cut for the SRO.

Made a magwell that blends better than the CZ factory well does.

Drilled and tapped mag release for paddle

Installed a new hammer and did trigger job, set at 2# right now.

No pricing on the work yet.

But if in Vegas, come on by the CZ Custom booth and check it out.

74950666_webDWXCZC_DSC4816.thumb.jpg.7e1fcf8c830b959f08abc7497b2ddc19.jpg

1056325580_webDWXCZC_DSC4821.jpg.39ca8a7e6cb1259d31ecd572a2d3d343.jpg

I have emailed twice now about getting my DWX optic milled slide cuts and mag release paddle . No one ever responds to my emails? Please get in touch with me.

52 minutes ago, bytor1969 said:

I have emailed twice now about getting my DWX optic milled slide cuts and mag release paddle . No one ever responds to my emails? Please get in touch with me.

Got to call em man.  Belive me I know how frustrating it is to get ahold of them and get an answer. 

1 hour ago, bytor1969 said:

Sorry for the troubles 

email me at stuart@czcustom.com

i will answer my emails and PMs here and at czfirearms.us, facebook and IG,

I try and catch CZC Facebook and IG.

Edited by eerw

10 minutes ago, Douglee25 said:

It's unfortunate but a lot of shops are great at what they do, unfortunately, customer service and PR isn't one of them. 

tiered of all this  feel good stuff.  they do not answer phones not because they want to piss any one off. they just might have received 2k of calls and even more emails. who knows what's going on. you want one of the best wait. Business should be judged on what they do.  when you finally get through to them and put your order in and they take your money. did the do what they said they were going to do? did they do a good job? ETC .

I have guys on the road, and some times  I get  calls or emails. Your tech came in fixed everything perfectly, they cleaned up all is great. "BUT you should really talk to them, they were not smiling and did not have time to talk past the technical things. you need to explain to them what customer service is."

Customer service = do everything with excellence. 

PR =  tell your friends  that they do everything with excellence. 

regrettably had to deal with one of the best kidney cancer doctors in the world. his bed side (customer service ) was of a gorilla.  But everything was done with excellence. 

Man We are getting soft

1 hour ago, 1911vm said:

tiered of all this  feel good stuff.  they do not answer phones not because they want to piss any one off. they just might have received 2k of calls and even more emails. who knows what's going on. you want one of the best wait. Business should be judged on what they do.  when you finally get through to them and put your order in and they take your money. did the do what they said they were going to do? did they do a good job? ETC .

I have guys on the road, and some times  I get  calls or emails. Your tech came in fixed everything perfectly, they cleaned up all is great. "BUT you should really talk to them, they were not smiling and did not have time to talk past the technical things. you need to explain to them what customer service is."

Customer service = do everything with excellence. 

PR =  tell your friends  that they do everything with excellence. 

regrettably had to deal with one of the best kidney cancer doctors in the world. his bed side (customer service ) was of a gorilla.  But everything was done with excellence. 

Man We are getting soft

I hear you.  You may have misunderstood me.  I don't support their excuses at all.  These 'businesses' a lot of times are a 1 or 2 person show. They're out running CNC or Bridgeport all day and don't answer the phone.  Period.   That's the reality. 

A friend of mine were talking about this on the weekend.  You know how he stays in business?  All he does is answer the phone.  Literally when everyone else is busy and refuses to answer the phone, he does and keeps his clientele ever evolving and food on the table. 

Edit - maybe I'm misunderstanding your reply.  Are you saying you support their s#!tty customer service because they turn out good work?  If you are, I don't agree with your statement.  Hire a receptionist to screen calls and take on more work.  It's not hard.  They'd get a lot more business if they made small changes to their process.  How is it 'soft' if we expect someone to answer the phone?  And how is it OK to accept subpar service?  Do you tip for good service at a restaurant or always tip 20% even when you have a bad server?  Or is that being soft and expecting too much? 

Edited by Douglee25

51 minutes ago, Douglee25 said:

I hear you.  You may have misunderstood me.  I don't support their excuses at all.  These 'businesses' a lot of times are a 1 or 2 person show. They're out running CNC or Bridgeport all day and don't answer the phone.  Period.   That's the reality. 

A friend of mine were talking about this on the weekend.  You know how he stays in business?  All he does is answer the phone.  Literally when everyone else is busy and refuses to answer the phone, he does and keeps his clientele ever evolving and food on the table. 

Edit - maybe I'm misunderstanding your reply.  Are you saying you support their s#!tty customer service because they turn out good work?  If you are, I don't agree with your statement.  Hire a receptionist to screen calls and take on more work.  It's not hard.  They'd get a lot more business if they made small changes to their process.  How is it 'soft' if we expect someone to answer the phone?  And how is it OK to accept subpar service?  Do you tip for good service at a restaurant or always tip 20% even when you have a bad server?  Or is that being soft and expecting too much? 

are we buying customer service or what they do. If customer service is more important than don't use them.

My first CZC I emailed no answer I called no answer waited a week or two tried again, nothing so I went some wear else. 

My second one I called, Stewart answered.  I ordered what I wanted got it before promised time and same with the Next one. 

in the restaurant I am tipping for service and often over the 20% if its good. and paying for food separately for the product. if the food sucks and I send it back and ask to be removed from my bill. i still tip as it would still on the bill. because I am tipping for customer service which was good.  

Yes we are getting all soft.

Please don't get me wrong. If you have capacity for great customer service I am all for it. But i rather have a grate grumpy mechanic. than feeling good about customer service broken down again on the side of the road.   

3 minutes ago, Douglee25 said:

I'll agree to disagree. 

I'm buying the whole packaging....execution and customer service.  Execution is only a portion of the work.  

totally agree. I would like the whole package. I guess separate things by what is  import  to me personally and by industry. service based industry's I expect customer service first. in trade type I want good product first all the other stuff is secondary to me.