Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 24 9mm

Practicalomaha

I have a G24 that I have not shot I years and want to convert it to 9mm. If I convert it to 9mm would I be able to use it in CO devision? I am assuming no because that is not the way it left the factory. Just a thought to be able to use it since it is just collecting dust right now. 

3 minutes ago, Practicalomaha said:

I have a G24 that I have not shot I years and want to convert it to 9mm. If I convert it to 9mm would I be able to use it in CO devision? I am assuming no because that is not the way it left the factory. Just a thought to be able to use it since it is just collecting dust right now. 

CO guns have to be on the approved production gun list. I doubt the 24 is. Also, not sure if you can change calibers. 

If it’s a Gen 3 G24 upper and you cannot use it, sell it to me and use the proceeds to buy a G34 upper to shoot with. 

We can ask the rule book aficionados if that would work for production or CO?

On 10/25/2019 at 1:46 AM, Paul49 said:

If it’s a Gen 3 G24 upper and you cannot use it, sell it to me and use the proceeds to buy a G34 upper to shoot with. 

We can ask the rule book aficionados if that would work for production or CO?

Technically? No

2 hours ago, Rugerglock said:

My current CO gun is a gen 3 Glock 22 frame with a brownells gen 3 glock 17 slide and factory glock 17 barrel.

Sarge is correct about the rules for that kind of swap.

For the most part if you use a glock 24 frame with a glock 34 upper for CO most people are not going ask what model of glock frame that is.

This was my thought. The grip frame for the G17/22, G34/35 and G17L/24 are all the same. If you mated a G34 upper to the G24 grip frame, you would have to confess your transgression, no? Only clue might be mismatched serial number between barrel and grip frame?