Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Practicalomaha

Glock 24 9mm

I have a G24 that I have not shot I years and want to convert it to 9mm. If I convert it to 9mm would I be able to use it in CO devision? I am assuming no because that is not the way it left the factory. Just a thought to be able to use it since it is just collecting dust right now. 

3 minutes ago, Practicalomaha said:

I have a G24 that I have not shot I years and want to convert it to 9mm. If I convert it to 9mm would I be able to use it in CO devision? I am assuming no because that is not the way it left the factory. Just a thought to be able to use it since it is just collecting dust right now. 

CO guns have to be on the approved production gun list. I doubt the 24 is. Also, not sure if you can change calibers. 

Yeah even with the factory .40 barrel the 24 can't be used in CO as it's not on the list.  The 24 works well for Limited though, that's what I use.

No G24 in Pro/CO

No conversion barrels in Pro/CO. 

The rulebook is your friend.

If it’s a Gen 3 G24 upper and you cannot use it, sell it to me and use the proceeds to buy a G34 upper to shoot with. 

We can ask the rule book aficionados if that would work for production or CO?

On 10/25/2019 at 1:46 AM, Paul49 said:

If it’s a Gen 3 G24 upper and you cannot use it, sell it to me and use the proceeds to buy a G34 upper to shoot with. 

We can ask the rule book aficionados if that would work for production or CO?

Technically? No

My current CO gun is a gen 3 Glock 22 frame with a brownells gen 3 glock 17 slide and factory glock 17 barrel.

Sarge is correct about the rules for that kind of swap.

For the most part if you use a glock 24 frame with a glock 34 upper for CO most people are not going ask what model of glock frame that is.

2 hours ago, Rugerglock said:

My current CO gun is a gen 3 Glock 22 frame with a brownells gen 3 glock 17 slide and factory glock 17 barrel.

Sarge is correct about the rules for that kind of swap.

For the most part if you use a glock 24 frame with a glock 34 upper for CO most people are not going ask what model of glock frame that is.

This was my thought. The grip frame for the G17/22, G34/35 and G17L/24 are all the same. If you mated a G34 upper to the G24 grip frame, you would have to confess your transgression, no? Only clue might be mismatched serial number between barrel and grip frame?