Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What size screws for mounting RTS2?

Neomet

Like the title says, does anyone know what size screws are used to mount the optic??  Can't find anything on Cmore's site.  Figured I would check before I start messing up threads trying different sizes.  Thxs!

I just found a notice that came with my RTS2 Cheely frame mount for my open gun. The notice says that the factory rail mount that comes with the RTS2 uses metric button or domed screws, which from the above answer are M4 x .7 threads. It goes on to say that the RTS2 also should come with a separate bag of 8-32 socket head cap screws that are to be used with the Cheely mount. We (my gunsmith) used the 8-32 screws with the Cheely 2011 frame mount. I don't know if this is still the case, but it was a few years ago.

4 hours ago, Whitefish said:

I just found a notice that came with my RTS2 Cheely frame mount for my open gun. The notice says that the factory rail mount that comes with the RTS2 uses metric button or domed screws, which from the above answer are M4 x .7 threads. It goes on to say that the RTS2 also should come with a separate bag of 8-32 socket head cap screws that are to be used with the Cheely mount. We (my gunsmith) used the 8-32 screws with the Cheely 2011 frame mount. I don't know if this is still the case, but it was a few years ago.

Still the case I Believe

50 minutes ago, rishii said:

Ah no, I just got in cheely’s v2 rts/razor scope mount and it uses the smaller m4 screws

Good to know. Last one I got last year had other screws in package. RTS2still comes with other screws.

56 minutes ago, rishii said:

Ah no, I just got in cheely’s v2 rts/razor scope mount and it uses the smaller m4 screws

They seem like they fit but are actually cross threading right as they bottom out on the sight. Use the socket head screws. 

Edited by echotango

• 1 month later...

I spoke with Cmore directly yesterday. U less you are mounting to the picatinny rail, use the 8-32 socket head cap screws for mounting. Some manufacturers of mounts might not be tapping them, but cmore recommended strongly to use the socket head screws. They fit the mounting holes better and you can apply more torque. Harder to strip them out, too.