Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taccom Delayed Blowback Recoil System

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, SingInTheRain said:

@TRUBL  Any status when the extreme feed 5.25" barrel will be back in stock?  I received the DBRS and ESSB but now the matching barrel is out of stock :(

We should have them back in stock ready to ship next week.....everythign is out for plating, as soon as we KNOW when they are coiming back to our shop we will have them available for pre-order. We are also working on the 13.5" and a new 10" barrel with a pinned and weld brake as well......about 3 or 4 weeks for those

I got to shoot one and inspect it. Amazing difference, totally changes the recoil impulse. If I get chance we've got the mantis we will plot old vs new. Greatly lessened the time, used be three parts, ignition, bottoming buffer and bolt closing. With reduced math that last two parts are virtually  gone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's upgrade time for my USPSA/SC PCC, so I want to make sure I get this right... if I buy the ESSB+DBRS combo for my DDLES Glock lower build, will I get all of the following?

1. Short stroke

2. Delayed blowback

3. Functioning LRBHO

2 hours ago, erwos said:

It's upgrade time for my USPSA/SC PCC, so I want to make sure I get this right... if I buy the ESSB+DBRS combo for my DDLES Glock lower build, will I get all of the following?

1. Short stroke

2. Delayed blowback

3. Functioning LRBHO

I haven’t personally tested that exact combo but a definite yes to the first two items and you should have LRBHO as well with the extreme bolt. 

2 hours ago, erwos said:

1. Short stroke

2. Delayed blowback

3. Functioning LRBHO

Funny timing - I just talked to Tim @ Taccom about this very thing. He said yes, 'maybe' - that it was upper/lower dependent. I'm running NFA upper/lower and he said that should work fine. Unfortunately, he's out of stock on that bolt and it doesn't sound like they're coming back in stock quickly.

On 7/29/2019 at 1:11 PM, TRUBL said:

I did a lot of development at another company for what is probably one the most reliable 22RF uppers on the market today and that bolt, does not have a feed ramp......it has a radius to the flat on the bottom.....what that does is allows for the hammer to completely cock sooner...

Tim

I’d like to know more about this. Shooting more .22 LR at steel these days. What company, if you don’t mind my asking? PM if you prefer. Thanks. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally made it out to the range to give it all a try. FCG was a Hipertouch Competition trigger, barrel is a JP Supermatch.

Cycling was indeed much faster, with what I think was significantly less sight bounce. Unfortunately, I also got some bursts followed by misfeeds, I think due to hammer follow. I am going to talk to @TRUBL and see if there's something I can do. Otherwise, gonna switch back to a traditional BCG+buffer system to isolate the source of the issues.