Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas Rangers STI Pistol

RangerTrace

So, Tony Pignato has been after me for a while to build pistols for the Ranger Division.  A couple weeks ago, I called him on some unrelated business and we got around to discussing a group pistol purchase for the Texas Rangers.  He discussed it with the Heads at STI and I got approval from Austin....so we are now in the early stages of putting the deal together.  The pistol will be based on STI's new Stacatto P line of pistols.  This is a pic of the demo pistol I'm shooting/carrying right now.  The final design will have fewer rear cocking serrations and Rangers badges engraved on the rear of the slide.  So far I'm very impressed.  This pistol is feeding some bullets that other widebody pistols choked on.

Rangers will have their choice of:

Commander or Government length

Hard Chrome or Black DLC

9mm or .45 ACP

Fixed or adjustable rear sight

Night sights or Fiber Optic

Iron sighted or Duo cut for RMR.

IMG_5370.jpg

14 hours ago, jrbet83 said:

From someone that competes/loves my custom 2011 and carries a gun for a living. I don’t understand the desire to care a 2011 as a duty gun, but to each his own. 

Well, you need to proof read your post before posting....like most of us....

The desire is actually quite easy to understand.  Nothing beats a nice single action trigger.  Put that with the capacity of striker fired pistol and it's a win!!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/4/2019 at 10:59 PM, RangerTrace said:

Well, you need to proof read your post before posting....like most of us....

The desire is actually quite easy to understand.  Nothing beats a nice single action trigger.  Put that with the capacity of a striker fired pistol and it's a win!!

I had to do it :D

How'd this go?  Did you all complete the purchase?  Any of you guys at the USPSA competitions around here?  

8 hours ago, Whoops! said:

I had to do it :D

How'd this go?  Did you all complete the purchase?  Any of you guys at the USPSA competitions around here?  

We bought over 100 across the State.  I'm the only one I know that shoots matches and I'm primarily shooting IDPA CO with a Stacatto P DUO these days.  The black one is my match gun, the chrome one is my duty gun.

DSC_1908.jpg

1 hour ago, Whoops! said:

The chrome is slick.  Good choice with the dot.  I will try to request you if I have to call the Rangers. 

Hope to see you at a match.

Assuming you work Dallas County.....I'll pass!!  I don't know how anybody in LE stands to work there.  Whatever the case,  be safe Amigo!!  

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/23/2020 at 10:37 AM, Whoops! said:

The chrome is slick.  Good choice with the dot.  I will try to request you if I have to call the Rangers. 

Hope to see you at a match.

i just bought 2 of them the staccato P which i had on layaway and a C2 with compensator that was in the gun show case...love them both shoots like a dream 

• 1 year later...