Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kudos To A Company

standles

This may seem like a little thing but I walways like to give credit when I think credit is due. Heaven knows I swing from the trees when someting is wrong :lol:

LONG VERSION:

I placed an order with Powder Valley for some powder,primers, and Montana Gold Bullets. The bullets were shipped via USPS flat rate box which the USPS monkeys in GA decided to vent thier frustrations on. the box was broken open and repacked less 223 of the bullets that were originally in the 3750 cnt case. I emailed PV to let them know they might want to contact the USPS if it was an insured shipment and get back thier charges. They contacted my back within 30 minutes to leet me know thier concern was with my satisfaction. They offered to promptly replace the lost bullets. I accepted. Great customer service, timely attention to a customers needs, willing to make it right.

SHORT VERSION:

USPS box broke open

USPS repacked in GA and delivered it to FL

The case of 3750 was short 223 bullets.

Powder valley returned my email in 30 minutes with an offer to ship me

replacements.

Powder Valley earned more of my business and my expression of gratitude by word of mouth on the site.

Now I grant you I didn't ask for the extra bullets and one might argue that they owed it to me to make it right so whats the big deal. I think it is thier willingness to work with the problem and accept that responsibility. An atribute I have found lacking to many times in the mailorder industry.

+++ for Powder Valley and thier crew.

Steven Standley

Had my daughter count all of them ...... Twice so as the numbers would verify. It sure is fun having a teenager in the house that you can hold driving privs over thier heads :)

The original verbage from me was "You need to make sure we got all 3750 and double check it" I did not specify how she was to accomplish that task.

You might ask how I know she didn't fake the numbers? I weighed them afterwards and the cnt by weight was 230 so I went with her 223.

Yes she was mad when she realized she could have just done it that way. :o Then ensued the make sure you take time to assess the situation before jumping in and "doing it the way its always been done" You know the innovative thinking life lesson.

Man I love being a parent at times :)

Steven

Powder Valley is the best. I order for myself and friends. They are always trying to help me get the best shipping bang for my buck.

And I will be glad to loan anyone willing to feed him a teenager to count bullets. He might have to count to ten,three hundred times but for a new box of cereal he might get it done........

Since were only 4 hours from PV, we go to their shop occasionally. That place is the holy grail of reloading supplies. Our last order from them was over $1500 and they figured out a way to save us a ton on the tax. I won't order from anyone except PV.

This may seem like a little thing but I walways like to give credit when I think credit is due.  Heaven knows I swing from the trees when someting is wrong  :lol:

LONG VERSION:

I placed an order with Powder Valley for some powder,primers, and Montana Gold Bullets.  The bullets were shipped via USPS flat rate box which the USPS monkeys in GA decided to vent thier frustrations on.   the box was broken open and repacked less 223 of the bullets that were originally in the 3750 cnt case.  I emailed PV to let them know they might want to contact the USPS if it was an insured shipment and get back thier charges.   They contacted my back within 30 minutes to leet me know thier concern was with my satisfaction.  They offered to promptly replace the lost bullets. I accepted.  Great customer service, timely attention to a customers needs, willing to make it right.  

SHORT VERSION:

USPS box  broke open

USPS repacked in GA and delivered it to FL

The case of 3750 was short 223 bullets.

Powder valley returned my email in 30 minutes with an offer to ship me

replacements.

Powder Valley earned more of my business and my expression of gratitude by word of mouth on the site.

Now I grant you I didn't ask for the extra bullets and one might argue that they owed it to me to make it right so whats the big deal.  I think it is thier willingness to work with the problem and accept that responsibility.  An atribute I have found lacking to many times in the mailorder industry.

+++ for Powder Valley and thier crew.

Steven Standley

That sized a box that weight will have a pretty good chance to bust open if inducted into the normal mechanized mail stream. I see it a lot here at work....I work in the Los Angeles Bulk Mail Center. If it doesn't bust open it can still do a lot of damage to some of the other mail it comes in contact with. Think of grandma's cookies wrapped in a shoebox being sent to the same city as your bullets.......cookies go first into same chute as your package of bullets.....bullets come down chute.....cookies look like someone stomped on them. Mechanization is brutal.

I like Powder Valley as well. They were the only place I found back during the great primer famine of the early 90's that did not raise their primer prices at all. Everyone else doubled their prices and still could not keep them in stock. They were being bought up that fast. Powder Valley told me they had a 10,000 count limit (2 cases) and that they were on back order, but the prices were normal. They are ok in my book!!!

Edited by Sheldon

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have ordered from Powder Valley and been very happy with their service.

The fact that part of the shipment went missing was not their fault.

However, It was good of them to step up and make sure you got what you paid for.

We could use more vendors like that.

It probably wasn't the best idea to use a flat rate mail box to ship something that heavy.

It's unlikely the box was designed to hold the weight of 3,750 bullets.

The postal service, like the parcel services uses high speed automated machinery to sort and handle packages.

They couldn't begin to handle the volume if they had to sort it by hand.

When that package broke open, some poor soul had to gather thousands of loose bullets off the floor and out of the machinery.

I think it's a little harsh to charachterize them as a bunch of monkies.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your story.

PV will be my first choice for future purchases.

Tls

Edited by tlshores

We have a local shooter that sells stuff from Target Barn. Since he's local, and he brings everything you ask for in his trailer, I decided I would give him a try. At a local match, I go up to him and ask him about placing an order- a really big order! He impatiently tells me that all of his prices are listed somewhere (I don't remember where), and gives me the blow-off.

I'm not sure why, but I decided to order from Powder Valley. Now, instead of me going to pick up my stuff, it comes right to my door. I would have preferred to keep business local, but...............

+1 on Powder Valley

• 5 months later...

Looks like Powder Valley no longer sells Montana Gold, I know they've had prob's getting 38 Super bullets, but it might be an across-the-board problem now.

A friend and I are going there in a couple of weeks, hopefully they have some still laying around.

Looks like Powder Valley no longer sells Montana Gold, I know they've had prob's getting 38 Super bullets, but it might be an across-the-board problem now.

The do sell Winchester 115 JHP, in bulk.

The only thing superior (in a 115 JHP) are (MHO) XTP's.

And I think the Winchester's perform better than the XTP's in my blaster. :)

I know the Winchester's perform better in my wallet! :lol:

FM

A friend and I are going there in a couple of weeks, hopefully they have some still laying around.

PV has not had 124 gr JHP 9mm since January 06. I shoot 38 super with a .355 barrel......I now get them direct from Montana Ggold ( www.montanagoldbullet.com) delivered(kinda) for $202.00 for 3,750. Only a $3.00 price increase from November of 2005. PV has .38 125 gr JHP delivered to your door for $213.00 per 3,750. I have purchased my last 2 cases from them with great service. The do ship USPS and it is a little tough on the mail lady though( she looks about 70 and probably weighs her age!!!).....I have to go to the post office to pick them up due to the weight (it is only 5 miles from the house, so not too much of an inconvience). Their prices are as competitive as any I have found at matches.

Randal

Not to hi-jack this thread as I have ordered from Powder Valley several times with super service. Week before last I ordered 5 cases of bullets from Montana Gold (~300 lbs). They were sent in USPS flat rate boxes. I had a note on my door one day that the bullets could be picked up at the local distribution center. When I got there, they told me that they needed to talk to me about getting ammo in the mail and how it was against the regulations for ammo to go through USPS. I explained, rather harshly, that this was bullets, not loaded ammo. Bullets can be shipped just like any thing else that was legal to go through USPS. They didn't like my comments.