Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow 2 - Nitro Fin Install - Anybody?

NCShadow2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, lfine said:

Apparently the shaft itself also would need some reduction in diameter to fit well, not even looking at the notch yet. Going to try shortly.

Let me know how you go about it. got one that is unfitted as well that needs to get used 

On 1/3/2020 at 8:50 PM, lfine said:

Apparently the shaft itself also would need some reduction in diameter to fit well, not even looking at the notch yet. Going to try shortly.

I am interested in fitting one on my S2 as well. Have you ordered one yet? Doing some reading it is possible to make one work, it just requires fitting. Please update us on your progress.

Thanks

• 3 months later...
11 hours ago, AzDanMan said:

Is the Nitro Fin USPSA legal?

yup.

Production is good to go as long as it fits in the box, but....about 1mm needs to be removed from over all width. 

Carry optics, well, there aint a CO that fits in the box anyways, so no mods needed. 

Just modified the Tanfo version of the Nitro Fin to fit in my shop.  As for the rest, Installed extra wide safety, mikro pocket grips, bought the milled slide from CZC and put my SRO on it.  And for the box, I just take a little off the edge. Works great.

2 hours ago, lfine said:

Just modified the Tanfo version of the Nitro Fin to fit in my shop.  As for the rest, Installed extra wide safety, mikro pocket grips, bought the milled slide from CZC and put my SRO on it.  And for the box, I just take a little off the edge. Works great.

let me rephrase the question, what did you modify on the nitro fin in order for it to fit

Using a Dremel or equivalent (or better), take area 1 down until it’s flush agains 5 and the same height as 2. 3 will need to be reduced and rounded. The gap indicated by 2 also needs to be wider but still leave some height on 3. Round off 3 a bit as well. Lastly, 4 needs to be taken down over all surface to have slightly smaller diameter. Polish and smooth out everything testing it as you go along.  

The best way, I found, was to have a CZ slide stop right there with you so you can see what needs to removed from the Tango Nitro Fin.

Photo below credit SSI.

nitrofin.png

good deal, I was curious as how this does in an S2. 

I only had to work the corners of 3 to get it to fit the slide. 
I started to file off 1 and gave up, thats some hard damned metal! 
I did not really do anything on the shaft other than take the finish off to make it fit. 

This is for an SP-01 and a Shadow 1 

Now I know it can work in an S2, may keep my eye out for good deal on one. 

Dont even ask how I had to modify the wide SP-01 safety...LOL