Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 170mm base pad options?

regor

On 3/17/2019 at 11:44 AM, je85 said:

They will fit with a big hammer. LOL

The irony is buying $180 mags to go in a $500 gun

We still need a 171mm extension for standard mags.

the 170mm extension + spring and follower + magazine will still be around $100.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Fo0 said:

the 170mm extension + spring and follower + magazine will still be around $100.

Should be around $80

3 tanfo mags=$540

3 ext cz mags =$240

3 welded mags=$195

3 promags =$135

I know which one I'm not doing

1 hour ago, je85 said:

Should be around $80

3 tanfo mags=$540

3 ext cz mags =$240

3 welded mags=$195

3 promags =$135

I know which one I'm not doing

where can I buy a 170mm pro mag for $45?

where can I buy a 170mm welded mag for $65? (link above shows $131 before shipping from overseas)

where can I buy 170mm ext cz mag for $80?

56 minutes ago, Fo0 said:

where can I buy a 170mm welded mag for $65? (link above shows $131 before shipping from overseas)

Can't speak to the promag but I assume the number for welded is just taking into account the DIY cost of two mag bodies + spring & follower kit. With MecGar mags that'd be around $45 for the mags and ~$60 all in each. 

The $80 estimate is probably low, but I think your $100 is high. SP is the only one I am aware of at the moment who does 170mm extensions for stock Tactical Sport/Czechmate mags and they run $52.50 each, so assuming that ~$50 would be the market rate for a 170mm extension you'd be looking at around $90 per mag with MecGar tubes. That's much cheaper than the Czechmate options of $110/mag for 170mm extensions + guts or $185 for the CZC big stick + guts + base pad (why they didn't just make the big stick 170mm to begin with is beyond me). 

Edit: Just realized that the 170mm Promag option is probably in reference to cutting down their 26 round mag and adding new guts. $45 still the DIY cost. 

Edited by regor

2 hours ago, Fo0 said:

All cost are DIY.

pro mag cut down with grams or czc guts

welded is 2 mecgars $22 ea chopped up plus czc guts

If TF makes the 170 bases they would probably go in the $40 -50 range so $80-90

If your even considering a 75 series open build then you should be capable of at least one of these options or pay $180 for the Tanfo option 😉

The Tac sport is still the ideal platform for a CZ open build but costs more. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2019 at 2:35 PM, regor said:

Can't speak to the promag but I assume the number for welded is just taking into account the DIY cost of two mag bodies + spring & follower kit. With MecGar mags that'd be around $45 for the mags and ~$60 all in each. 

The $80 estimate is probably low, but I think your $100 is high. SP is the only one I am aware of at the moment who does 170mm extensions for stock Tactical Sport/Czechmate mags and they run $52.50 each, so assuming that ~$50 would be the market rate for a 170mm extension you'd be looking at around $90 per mag with MecGar tubes. That's much cheaper than the Czechmate options of $110/mag for 170mm extensions + guts or $185 for the CZC big stick + guts + base pad (why they didn't just make the big stick 170mm to begin with is beyond me). 

Edit: Just realized that the 170mm Promag option is probably in reference to cutting down their 26 round mag and adding new guts. $45 still the DIY cost. 

They did it to keep costs high.

On 3/29/2019 at 11:46 PM, RCFL said:

The 26 round CZ 75 mags are nearly 180mm. 

I cant find good pictures of the 26 rounders. Do you or any body else have one?

Trying to figure out the construction of them.

Here is a CZ 75 26 round mag on the left and a Czechmate 26 round on the right with a CZC basepad to get it to 170mm and 29 rounds. I haven’t removed the rubber piece from the 75 mag (it’s on pretty good), but my understanding is there is a weld under there where the tubes were joined together. 

1C603352-5326-4EED-9B1A-5C6F3BD96825.jpeg

3 hours ago, RCFL said:

Here is a CZ 75 26 round mag on the left and a Czechmate 26 round on the right with a CZC basepad to get it to 170mm and 29 rounds. I haven’t removed the rubber piece from the 75 mag (it’s on pretty good), but my understanding is there is a weld under there where the tubes were joined together. 

1C603352-5326-4EED-9B1A-5C6F3BD96825.jpeg

What does the bottom and the inside look like with the spring and follower removed?

My worry was I thought it was a standard 16,17, or 18 rd mag with a plastic/rubber base extension.

If it has a welded tube and the rubber just covers the mag then this could be another option versus the crappy promag.

No, it’s most definitely a welded tube and not just an extension. It’s just about 10mm too long. I use it in “outlaw” multi gun matches with my Shadow 2. 

Edited by RCFL

1 hour ago, RCFL said:

No, it’s most definitely a welded tube and not just an extension. It’s just about 10mm too long. I use it in “outlaw” multi gun matches with my Shadow 2. 

Thats great news then.

We can remove the rubber sleeve and cut down the mag to 171.25 mm and still have a quality mag.

If you get a chance sometime take a picture from the base looking inside with the spring and follower removed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2019 at 5:55 PM, kneelingatlas said:

CZC pads and guts get 25+1 on 18 round tubes

They have the long base pads back in stock, so I think I'll pick some up. Which "guts" were you referring to for the 25+1? The 13 coil spring + CZC follower? I'm assuming the standard 10 coil spring will not be sufficient, but does the 13 need to be cut down at all? 

2 hours ago, regor said:

They have the long base pads back in stock, so I think I'll pick some up. Which "guts" were you referring to for the 25+1? The 13 coil spring + CZC follower? I'm assuming the standard 10 coil spring will not be sufficient, but does the 13 need to be cut down at all? 

I can't quite remember, I think I used the 13 coil, uncut although that configuration is ~150mm so I imagine if 10 coils is 140, 13 is 170, 150 should be 11.

On 4/16/2019 at 1:40 PM, kneelingatlas said:

I can't quite remember, I think I used the 13 coil, uncut although that configuration is ~150mm so I imagine if 10 coils is 140, 13 is 170, 150 should be 11.

Just got them today and got 24+1 with a very easy reload and can almost fit in the 25th. I think once the springs wear in a little I will be able to get the 25th in, but I will probably trim a coil or two off anyways since 13 coils is overkill anyways. They measure to almost exactly 150mm with these on.

Looks extremely goofy in my P-01 but worth the meme and should let me get through just about any stage with only needing to draw from the sidecar mag holder. Thankfully Double Alpha doesn't make a P-01 insert or I'd have no choice but to buy one of these https://www.umtactical.com/store/p3/UM3_Sight_Mount.html and run it with a dot from my Alpha-X rig. 

Edit: Actually just broke out the calipers and found out that it's just the upper part of the frame on the P-01 that is thicker than the SP-01 frame so the SP-01 insert should fit the P-01. Ooops. 

Edited by regor

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, bobbo5 said:

sorry for my ignorance here, but several people have mentioned chopping or cutting a mag down to length. Would you have to take a section out and weld it back together? 

If you had the means to anneal, bend, harden and finish the Basepad tabs I’m sure you could simply cut the proper profile and bend them but it’s not just a bandsaw type job.

• 1 month later...

On 3/16/2019 at 11:59 AM, je85 said:

What a deal!! Only  $141 thats hilarious plus $20 for spring and follower and another $20 for the pad. $181 LMFAO

Thats more than tuned 2011 mbx mags

I'll pass....

$214.00 now on EAA website