Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

fiocchi primers?

darthdively

i am using a gold custom for uspsa and my gun reliably sets off S&b primers(finally). i see that the general rankings for ease of set off is:

1. federal

2.winchester

3. s&b

4. cci

i see some posts say that the fiocchi is between the winchester and s&b. closer to winchester. have any of you found this to be true?

i'm using factory hammer spring(16 lbs), PD firing pin + PD spring.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Fed

CCI & WIN

SB

I was under the impression WIN is softer than CCI until I ran 5k CCI with 0 issues.  During that time I had 2 no-bang WIN, not even my gun issue because factory glocks and hammer could not set those off either :)  I am now a firm CCI believer.   I run Xtreme light hammer spring (13.8lbs).  Had numerous DA light strikes with SB.  SB is definitely harder than CCI. 

17 minutes ago, Dazhi said:

Fed

CCI & WIN

SB

I was under the impression WIN is softer than CCI until I ran 5k CCI with 0 issues.  During that time I had 2 no-bang WIN, not even my gun issue because factory glocks and hammer could not set those off either :)  I am now a firm CCI believer.   I run Xtreme light hammer spring (13.8lbs).  Had numerous DA light strikes with SB.  SB is definitely harder than CCI. 

My results were SB easier to fire than Cci. I think mostly because its hard to get the cci to seat uniformly deep.  But newer SB primers do seem harder

I love topics like this.  I've seen the rankings too:

1.  Federal

2.  Winchester

3.  Remington

4.  CCI

But also always wonder where S&B, IMI, Fiocchi, and even M882 primers fall.  Depending on who you talk to these primers are all harder than CCI or somewhere in the middle of the pack.

Don't forget Tula primers, some of us still have a lot of them.  I use SRMP for 9mm, .45 ACP and .223 but I only shoot the pistol rounds in 1911 guns.  Have never had one not go off.  Not sure where they place on the hardness scale.

• 3 weeks later...