Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Don't let others put you in a rush.

BOISCOID

Biggest match screw up so far occurred during the first stage as the first shooter for the squad.   I was lagging a bit behind my squad due to finishing stage set up, loading mags, and getting my belt on.  Didn't due a stage walk through.   Shot the stage and missed two targets by not being prepared for the COF or reading the WSB.  

So my lesson is don't let others rush you and bring the mags loaded from home. 

what rjh said.  for most of my guns i have enough mags to get me thru a match and i do load them at home nite before just to have less distractions at the match.  especially with ro-ing and the like, it's easy to get distracted or run out of time.

On 2/24/2019 at 5:27 PM, BOISCOID said:

Biggest match screw up so far occurred during the first stage as the first shooter for the squad.   I was lagging a bit behind my squad due to finishing stage set up, loading mags, and getting my belt on.  Didn't due a stage walk through.   Shot the stage and missed two targets by not being prepared for the COF or reading the WSB.  

So my lesson is don't let others rush you and bring the mags loaded from home. 

Well based on your description you rushed yourself right? if i am reading it correctly.  Could you not have asked for someone else to go ahead of you? especially due to the fact that you helped set up the match.

30 minutes ago, Corrado_kid said:

I feel rushed when the other squad is waiting to start their walk through. 

Don't feel rushed.   Overall squad timing generally has nothing to do with you, and you have as much right as anyone to shoot your best stage.  Focus,  concentrate, breathe, do your thing.  They'll wait (just like you guys probably did  😏 ).

Edited by teros135

I really hate being on squads that have an atmosphere of rush. It's usually just a few people pushing it and most of the time those rushed squads just end up waiting at the next stage while the previous squad finishes anyway. 

Often the rushers seem to be the least likely to reset too. I can think of one individual in particular.

This is supposed to be fun and that atmosphere can ruin it. There is a difference between running smoothly in a timely fashion and rushing, which is conducive to neither fun nor safety. 

It is an interesting thing as a local match r.o. sometimes. You never want to cheat someone out of a reasonable amount of time for preparation, but sometimes you get squads that will take forever and a week if you do not do something to keep things going forward at some reasonable pace. 

If I have a problem squad I set my cell phone for 5 minutes and then that is that, unless the stage is simple and the shooters are all ready sooner. 

2 hours ago, teros135 said:

Don't feel rushed.   Overall squad timing generally has nothing to do with you, and you have as much right as anyone to shoot your best stage.  Focus,  concentrate, breathe, do your thing.  They'll wait (just like you guys probably did  😏 ).

Yep, and if they are on the stage with you tell them to back up, that it is your stage now and they can have it shortly.  You always need that one dickhead on your squad that will tell people that, I am usually that dickhead for mine haha

My first major match, I got there late and was scheduled to shoot first    :(

I requested being moved to 2nd, and they put me LAST, which was awfully nice

for me - but very bad for the gent I squeaked out a first place in my division.   :) 

We all have had the issue of why is this person moving so slow or the squad slow . Things happen, that is understandable and people might be tasked to do other things but, if you have everything planned out the night before or hours before the match, not only do you help yourself but you help your squad be reducing the time and stress. This allows things to move quickly, all it takes is a few people that weren't prepared and now you have a match that was supposed to end at 200pm ending at 400pm.  Ultimately if we are falling behind or were not prepared it is on us most of the time, and the rest of the people shooting shouldn't be penalized. Now if your a new shooter show up early ask question watch how people set up and learn from those lessons.