Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New To USPSA

Bmans45

I have shot lots of IDPA years agouti not USPSA . I went and watched a match to see the way things go. Went home and signed up for a USPSA membership and for  practiscore . I am looking forward to the next match so I can shoot too. I should have done this years ago .

I started with IDPA too. My first USPSA experience was amazing, even though the match had super boring and lame stages. I was able to see that it catered to how I wanted to shoot and that it could be super rad. Which is why I now coordinate the matches at my club.

Great sport. Read those rules and have fun.

On 2/14/2019 at 2:07 PM, Bmans45 said:

I have shot lots of IDPA years agouti not USPSA . I went and watched a match to see the way things go. Went home and signed up for a USPSA membership and for  practiscore . I am looking forward to the next match so I can shoot too. I should have done this years ago .

Try not to heed people telling you,

"USPSA is about this or that"

They are usually IDPA people.

IDPA is about certain things.

USPSA is about opening your mind, shooting whatever platform you feel like shooting, whatever caliber, however you like. It is a sandbox in which you are given a medium to develop whatever and whichever skillsets you choose to develop. It is about transcending your platform (to shoot many and different kinds), ego, self, distorted, cognitive dissonance. 

It is free movement. Whether you choose to allow your movement to gain positive velocity or circular natures, it is up to you.

There is no one to yell at you with old man breath, dictating what you are to do, with unsolicited advice. There is no one wearing obtuse, ugly-a$$, unpractical clothing that no fashionable person wears, IRL. The lines are only there because they are. You may exist outside of them for whatever period of time you'd like. They are called faults; think of them simply as the demarcation of the beginning of breaking apart ideology. You may look stupid (I often do), and that is fine. Feel free to be yourself. To conform is to waste opportunities given to innovate.

Then feel free to go back to IDPA after a couple matches and beat everyone you thought was a good shooter. Or don't.

Edited by blueorison

1 hour ago, blueorison said:

USPSA is about opening your mind, shooting whatever platform you feel like shooting, whatever caliber, however you like. It is a sandbox in which you are given a medium to develop whatever and whichever skillsets you choose to develop. It is about transcending your platform (to shoot many and different kinds), ego, self, distorted, cognitive dissonance. 

It is free movement. Whether you choose to allow your movement to gain positive velocity or circular natures, it is up to you.

There is no one to yell at you with old man breath, dictating what you are to do, with unsolicited advice. There is no one wearing obtuse, ugly-a$$, unpractical clothing that no fashionable person wears, IRL. The lines are only there because they are. You may exist outside of them for whatever period of time you'd like. They are called faults; think of them simply as the demarcation of the beginning of breaking apart ideology. You may look stupid (I often do), and that is fine. Feel free to be yourself. To conform is to waste opportunities given to innovate.

Then feel free to go back to IDPA after a couple matches and beat everyone you thought was a good shooter. Or don't.

This is the most beautiful, hippy-dippy explanation of USPSA that I have ever heard. Bravo, sir. And I agree with you completely. I feel like you should throw some Jonathan Livingston Seagull quotes in here now.

The allure I saw was that it was all about seeking the perfect relationship between man and machine, striving to push the boundaries of the plausible.

• 1 month later...
On 2/15/2019 at 10:16 AM, Hi-Power Jack said:

Now you can reload AnyWhere, at Any Time   :)

Just keep shooting …    :cheers:

And no vest!

Edited by TDF