Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ghost Connector + Spring Kit Trigger Not Resetting

JohnnyD

I just put a Ghost Spring kit and ultimate connector in my brand new Glock 35.  It has only been dry fired a bit.

When you pull the trigger to the rear and rack the slide and release the slide at full force the trigger only half resets.  If you pull the trigger and rack it without holding the trigger back it usually resets fine.

I uploaded a quick video of what it is doing :

Reset Issue

I am a Glock newb so I might be doing something stupid.  I watched a few videos on how to install the kit online and it seemed so easy...lol

i disassembled it twice now to make sure everything looked correct and it's still happening.

Any ideas?  I might seal the stock parts back in to see if that fixes it and try another time.

EDIT - I just swapped back all of the parts besides the reduced power firing pin cause that was a real PITA and it's resetting fine...so obviously something is up.

Thanks

Edited by JohnnyD

So stubborn me kept at it and it's working now...I might not have been getting the trigger spring set down in there just quite right but it was in correct direction.

I started swapping parts back one at a time with the trigger spring being the last thing.  It's working fine now and feels a little better than the stock minus connector.

But hey on the plus side I can tear a Glock down really fast now 🤣

I will keep the factory parts in my range bag just in case.

Well I spoke too soon.  After cycling the slide to the rear about 30x it started not resetting again.  I swapped back to stock trigger spring and all is well.

Stock spring honestly feels a little better anyways.

11 minutes ago, dskinsler83 said:

If it is a Gen4 you will not be able to use a extra power trigger spring. I only use and recommend the stock power trigger spring. 

It is a Gen4 good to know.  I have read online you didn't use it on Gen5's but nothing about that on Gen4.

Looks like your trigger spring is too heavy. Or your striker spring is too light. 

I’ve got the ghost ultimate connector with Wolff competition spring kit in my 17 gen 4 and haven’t had any problems with reset. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well I shot it today in a match and was having reset issues again.  Not as bad as with the Ghost trigger spring but still bad.  I might not have noticed it at the range in those first 100 rounds as I was shooting slow to test different loads.

We had a couple of speed style shoots and it was not keeping up what so ever.  It seemed to reset almost in 2 stages.  I think I will go back to stock striker spring for now.  Once I put an order together somewhere I will try a couple of different spring weights or just say screw it and run it stock (minus the connector and plunger spring).

What is the stock striker weight?

3 hours ago, Polymer said:

5.5 lbs

Thanks.

I just went down to my bench and dry fired the gun a few times.  I noticed what was actually happening.  The trigger safety won't reset all the way when the trigger is pulled and held back.  When you cycle the slide the trigger goes about 95% of the way forward but the trigger safety is stuck.  If you push the trigger forward it resets the safety fully.

Like I said earlier I will go back to stock striker spring and see if that fixes it.  Otherwise the Ghost Connector will have to be swapped out for the OEM minus connector leaving only the reduced power safety plunger spring.

If that isn't satisfactory for me I might get one of the Glock Triggers or Zev Fulcrum triggers since all the parts are already mated and tuned to work together.  Though it's $150ish bucks I rather not spend.

Edited by JohnnyD

On 2/10/2019 at 7:07 PM, JohnnyD said:

Thanks.

I just went down to my bench and dry fired the gun a few times.  I noticed what was actually happening.  The trigger safety won't reset all the way when the trigger is pulled and held back.  When you cycle the slide the trigger goes about 95% of the way forward but the trigger safety is stuck.  If you push the trigger forward it resets the safety fully.

Like I said earlier I will go back to stock striker spring and see if that fixes it.  Otherwise the Ghost Connector will have to be swapped out for the OEM minus connector leaving only the reduced power safety plunger spring.

If that isn't satisfactory for me I might get one of the Glock Triggers or Zev Fulcrum triggers since all the parts are already mated and tuned to work together.  Though it's $150ish bucks I rather not spend.

That sounds like your trigger spring isn’t sitting correctly. 

I went through some tips that dskinsler83 offered up and it didn't fix the issue I was having.  Though he was extremely helpful.

I swapped back the stock striker spring and it's resetting correctly now.

While I had it out I also tried the stock minus connector and had same issue.

So right now I just have the reduced power plunger and Ghost connector.  Trigger isn't very great. Going to give it a shot and might just get a trigger kit.  Like I said before I might try a 4.5 or 5lb striker spring at some point.

11 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: Could the striker be dragging in the sleeve in the slide? Also check to see if the plunger spring is not bent rubbing on the striker. Sounds like something is dragging. Thanks, Eric

How would you suggest I check the striker dragging out?  The plunger spring is nice and straight.  Currently it has the reduced power in there.