Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WCC Headstamp

rooster mcbee

1 hour ago, rooster mcbee said:

Can anyone tell me if military WCC 9mm brass has a crimped primer, or does it reload like commercial brass? TIA, Doug

The WCC headstamp was one of my leading causes of jams and crushed primers on my 650. Now that I run a 1050 I don't notice them at all...

10 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

I believe ALL military has a crimped primer.

I throw it all away, unless it looks like it's been reloaded    :) 

Get a 1050 and stop throwing it away. 😁

3 hours ago, rooster mcbee said:

Can anyone tell me if military WCC 9mm brass has a crimped primer, or does it reload like commercial brass? TIA, Doug

It will be crimped unless it has already been decrimped and reloaded. Goodness, don't throw it away. Years ago I received two five gallon buckets of it. I mailed it to a forum member who ran it through his 1050 to swage the pocket for me. We worked out a deal for him to keep some of the brass in return.

Thanks everyone.  I was afraid it would be crimped.  I live next to an Army base that is auctioning 1612 pounds of 9mm brass, and I was considering bidding on it.  The fact that it has crimped primers is a deal breaker for me.  I appreciate everyone's input.  Doug

1 hour ago, rooster mcbee said:

Thanks everyone.  I was afraid it would be crimped.  I live next to an Army base that is auctioning 1612 pounds of 9mm brass, and I was considering bidding on it.  The fact that it has crimped primers is a deal breaker for me.  I appreciate everyone's input.  Doug

If you score it really cheap, buy it to resell to to your friends.

Guys with 1050s don’t mind military brass at all.

Edited by MemphisMechanic