Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 Case Chute Extension

Do any companies other than UniqueTek offer something like this?  Has anyone DIY'd one?  This would be something that attaches to Part #13470 Chute/Bin Mount that would guide finished rounds down into a larger bin/container than the factory Dillon one.

What's the application you are wanting it for? I've seen some made out of cardboard for dropping into a 50 cal ammo can. 

Y2NBzVG.jpg?2

I made this to drop brass into a coffee can when depriming cases. 

A user here posted recently, might have been Sarge(?), of a pipe that ran through to a bucket underneath. There are options available depending on what you are wanting to complete with it.

9 hours ago, anbrumm said:

What's the application you are wanting it for? I've seen some made out of cardboard for dropping into a 50 cal ammo can

Y2NBzVG.jpg?2

I made this to drop brass into a coffee can when depriming cases. 

A user here posted recently, might have been Sarge(?), of a pipe that ran through to a bucket underneath. There are options available depending on what you are wanting to complete with it.

Currently I'm just processing brass but when I start loading I'd like to be able to load into a container that could hold 5-600 finished rounds without me having to break from the loading routine.

9 hours ago, cjmill87 said:

Currently I'm just processing brass but when I start loading I'd like to be able to load into a container that could hold 5-600 finished rounds without me having to break from the loading routine.

Like I mentioned, I use the coffee can most of the time, but yesterday and this morning I had the cut out container dropping into one of these while de-priming brass. It seemed to work well.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-7-Qt-6-6-L-Latch-Box-Stadium-Blue/46001913

I've thought a couple of times about building something that holds more than the 650 hopper, but right about that time I, for an example, find my powder hopper empty and don't know how many I loaded without powder. Sucks to have to pull bullets on a whole 5 gallon bucket of ammo, but just a small hopper full, no problem...

And right about the time I say I won't do something that silly, I do it...

Pretty easy to pause every 100 rounds to fill primer mag, empty ammo hopper, fill powder and bullets and brass...

On 1/12/2019 at 11:52 AM, RiggerJJ said:

I've thought a couple of times about building something that holds more than the 650 hopper, but right about that time I, for an example, find my powder hopper empty and don't know how many I loaded without powder. Sucks to have to pull bullets on a whole 5 gallon bucket of ammo, but just a small hopper full, no problem...

And right about the time I say I won't do something that silly, I do it...

Pretty easy to pause every 100 rounds to fill primer mag, empty ammo hopper, fill powder and bullets and brass...

This is the reason I still use my regular hopper for running loaded ammo. I've never done something like that yet *knock on wood*, but I don't want to have it happen. I use my cutout one for processing brass.

• 2 years later...

I am currently using a inline fab mount and putting a 50 cal ammo can lid propped up against the stand and using some wooden shims laid in the lid so that the rounds roll right down into the ammo can. Its not the prettiest, but it allows me to put things away and it be "clean" when I am done. I like some of the PVC options I see though. Never thought about that. 

Best $20.00 I ever spent.  You can plug the funnel hole with a reusable wine bottle rubber cork (2 pack at WalMart for $1.00) when you want to catch your rounds for checking…..

Bought a plastic ammo can at WalMart that is about the size of a 50 cal ammo can for $12.00 and drilled a hole in the top. Stuck the spring into the hole and they feed right into the can. Can will hold about 2500-3000 rounds…..

https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/double-alpha-output-chute-and-spring

Edited by Sigarmsp226