Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

8.3.7.3 PCC muzzle

gmantwo

This may be a naive question and hopefully not too far off topic but for those with carts when do you load the pcc on the cart upon arrival to the range?

Do you take it bagged to a safe table like you would to holster a pistol or load the flagged rifle directly from the car? Thinking of making a cart to not have to carry multiple bags all day and don't want to break any rules.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, SGC said:

Do you take it

(1) bagged to a safe table like you would to holster a pistol, or

(2) load the flagged rifle directly from the car?

...don't want to break any rules.

Some of your local ranges might concieveably be okay with option 2. On match day, every RO on the planet will be okay with option 1, and this is the correct way to do things.

Given your final statement, choose the first procedure to get your rifle flagged and secured in your cart.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

7 hours ago, SGC said:

This may be a naive question and hopefully not too far off topic but for those with carts when do you load the pcc on the cart upon arrival to the range?

Do you take it bagged to a safe table like you would to holster a pistol or load the flagged rifle directly from the car? Thinking of making a cart to not have to carry multiple bags all day and don't want to break any rules.

Depending on the range. More 3-gun oriented used to rifles, a flagged PCC from the car to the cart is OK without sweeping anyone. USPSA and pistol only ranges we take it bagged to the safe table and then put flagged from baq to cart.

Best is to check with the MD before doing it but it is always a good idea going to the safe table bagged to transfer.

gerritm

15 hours ago, SGC said:

Since you have to be within 2 yards of a berm when taking it out of a bag or cart, and you can only handle your pistol in the safe area, it has to be taken in a bag to a safe area. 

Thanks, from reading the rules I figured option one was the appropriate one.  I've seen a lot of option 2 at local matches and wanted to double check that I hadn't missed something that explicitly allowed it.  I don't want to get complacent with "get away with it at locals" habits that will get me in trouble at a larger match. 

10 minutes ago, SGC said:

Thanks, from reading the rules I figured option one was the appropriate one.  I've seen a lot of option 2 at local matches and wanted to double check that I hadn't missed something that explicitly allowed it.  I don't want to get complacent with "get away with it at locals" habits that will get me in trouble at a larger match. 

Many ranges option 2 would result in a trip to Dairy Queen. 

3 hours ago, bret said:

Many ranges option 2 would result in a trip to Dairy Queen. 

False. Last sentence in 10.5.19: "The berm/backstop is not required while removing/returning a properly flagged PCC from/to a vehicle providing all other safety rules are followed."

I'm sure this will make your head explode since you can't do that with a handgun :rolleyes:

Edited by Southpaw

2 hours ago, Southpaw said:

False. Last sentence in 10.5.19: "The berm/backstop is not required while removing/returning a properly flagged PCC from/to a vehicle providing all other safety rules are followed."

I'm sure this will make your head explode since you can't do that with a handgun :rolleyes:

I learn something new everyday. 

On 1/23/2019 at 1:17 PM, bret said:

Since you have to be within 2 yards of a berm when taking it out of a bag or cart, and you can only handle your pistol in the safe area, it has to be taken in a bag to a safe area. 

AZ and NM have 3 gun matches where there is no berm, the east range at Zia R&P has a berm about 15 miles to the east--it's call the Manzano Moutains.  At RM3G, well if you are looking east for a berm, it might be the Appalachian Mountains (yes I am trying to be funny.  At Rio Salado, there are no berm stages. 

I have seen staging tables in berms and not safety areas.

USPSA is in the learning stages of handling multi-gun rules and matches.  Yes you can take exception to the statement but I am quoting instructors from the NROI.  They are improving.

28 minutes ago, pjb45 said:

AZ and NM have 3 gun matches where there is no berm, the east range at Zia R&P has a berm about 15 miles to the east--it's call the Manzano Moutains.  At RM3G, well if you are looking east for a berm, it might be the Appalachian Mountains (yes I am trying to be funny.  At Rio Salado, there are no berm stages. 

I have seen staging tables in berms and not safety areas.

USPSA is in the learning stages of handling multi-gun rules and matches.  Yes you can take exception to the statement but I am quoting instructors from the NROI.  They are improving.

USPSA doesn't really care much about multigun,  it is their red headed step child.

3 minutes ago, bret said:

USPSA doesn't really care much about multigun,  it is their red headed step child.

🤣 

I suspect they see sponsor money going to 3G in a big way.

Edited by pjb45