Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Daily Updates From Guayaquil

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saul you da' man!!

The video of the scorekeeper in stage 6 after JJ shot...

Academy Award Material!! :wub:

Where's our resident expert in South American Latinas when you need him?

Dr. 40

Dr. 40

Paging Doctor DirtyPoool40

:)

Hey, you guys noticed TJ's reload in the Stage 5 video?  Anybody care to guess why he picked the side mag instead of the front?

TJ does the same thing again on Stage 18.

I know I did that in Limited this past weekend at a local match...twice. For me, the reason was that I have been shooting Production for the past few months...and that is where the first mag used to be.

No clue why TJ is doing it.

Yeah, caught that again, too. Maybe he doesn't want to mess with his equipment transistion or something...:unsure: I also wonder how many of them made an "insurance" mag change on that stage.

And for some reason, I liked the way he kept one foot up during shooting when he entered that first position.

Looking at those vids, I cannot begin to imagine how much pressure these guys might be in. But for some, it's really all fun: :D

WS_34.jpg

Saul (or anyone in the know), what are the stage walls made out of? It almost looks like screen material.  :huh:

Brian,

The walls are made of green plastic mesh on metal frames. BJ says the frames will deceive you somewhat shooting Open because the blast from the gun makes the frame rattle. There are several very tight shots over steel no-shoots and he says you hear the frame rattle and think you dinged the no-shoot. He also had a disputed miss yesterday, his first of the match, due to a bullet skipping off of the frame into a target.

I'm not tryin to be sexist or nothin but does the score keepers behind start flashing a small red light (when she stops walking) at the end of jj on stage six? She got the power! :blink:

Looks like a video encoder artifact, or something... but, you're not seeing things... :lol: Maybe it's one of those Latina things that DP40 needs to tell us gringos about or somethin'... :blink::blink:

The walls are made of green plastic mesh on metal frames.  BJ says the frames will deceive you somewhat shooting Open because the blast from the gun makes the frame rattle.  There are several very tight shots over steel no-shoots and he says you hear the frame rattle and think you dinged the no-shoot.  He also had a disputed miss yesterday, his first of the match, due to a bullet skipping off of the frame into a target.

They almost look like 'screen' material, and I am kind of surprised that they even stand up to comp blast. :huh: Also, surprised that the ports cut through them hold up (although they look like they are framed in wood). Anyway, if they hold up, that is one heck of an idea as 1) they would be light, 2) the wind would go right thru them, and 3) you can see through them to be sure that the range is clear. :)

Our best to you and BJ!! ;)

Seems to be popular material outside of the US - I see that arrangement in a lot of video of IPSC matches. Look like they're easy to setup and whatnot, as well, and upkeep would be a lot better than wood.... Neat stuff :)