Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just picked up a CZ Shadow 2 - now what?

minnesota1

I got a screaming deal from my FFL friend who made some awesome trades and sold me a like new shadow 2 for $750!!   That being said, I’m getting back into competitive shooting so help me on what most are using. I’m not sure if you can or can’t use this for IDPA.  I find mixed commentary on it.  So for USPSA

Holster?

Extra mags?  Factory or aftermarket?

any spring kits that are recommended?

if there are brands you recommend please list them.  If there’s a good place to buy them list that as well if you can.   

Thanks a bunch!  I’m excited to start shooting it. It’s my first CZ!  

Blade-tech, Red Hill Tactical, just get a good holster hanger like the BOSS or the Springer Precision

Mec-gar AFC 17rd mags, basepads from Shockbottle, Springer, Henning all good.

Cajun Gun Works and CZ Custom make springs and parts for the gun.  Try a 13lb or 11.5lb mainspring, and if it pops your primers it will lighten the DA up nicely.  

You stole that one. I paid 900 with some extras and I thought I did great.

You are right though it's too heavy for idpa and nobody has been able to get it under 43 ounces to shoot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, minnesota1 said:

What if I want to change out the front fiber optic from Red to Green.  Anyone sell that size fiber rod that would work well?  There has to be others who prefer green vs. red.

Thanks.

Measure your optic rod that is in there now, and match the diameter.  

Nearly every size and color option you can imagine is available here:  http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/Archery.htm  

www.benstoegerproshop.com is a good one stop shop for pretty much anything competition shooting related.

I usually recommend their full BOSS rig for a belt/holster combo.

I run 17rd mecgars for mags with the Henning pro basepads.

Springs from CZC or Cajun are good. I run the Cajun 11.5#hammer spring, 11# recoil, and the extended firing pin w/ spring.

The stock grips are pretty garbage imo. LOK or Henning are both nice.

There are other optional things you can throw money at, but expect diminishing returns very quickly. The consensus of the GMs around me that use a Shadow 2 for what it "needs" are hammer spring, recoil spring, and decent grips.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Blade tech  holster ,boss holster hanger, double alpha racer Mag punches , 11.5 pound mainspring 11 pound recoil, extended firing pin and spring, narrower front sight.240 x .1, henning or lok Palm swell grips.  Those are my favorites.  

There is so much you have to do to make this a great gun that you might as well sell it and buy something else. I will help you out and give you more than you paid for it. How does $800 sound. Or I would trade you straight up for am m&p pro with Apex parts.😬😂

Take it apart first, learning the guts and interactions, and polish everything.  Shoot it stock for awhile before spending $$. 

Springs will be all you need when you are ready.  I run for springs; 11.5 hammer, 9 RSA, extended CZC firing pin with their lightened FP spring, and CGW TRS with their trigger pin.  After all the polishing, less than 6lbs DA and 2.3lbs SA.  Very nice weapon to shoot!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/2/2018 at 3:03 PM, WxGuy said:

Take it apart first, learning the guts and interactions, and polish everything.  Shoot it stock for awhile before spending $$. 

Springs will be all you need when you are ready.  I run for springs; 11.5 hammer, 9 RSA, extended CZC firing pin with their lightened FP spring, and CGW TRS with their trigger pin.  After all the polishing, less than 6lbs DA and 2.3lbs SA.  Very nice weapon to shoot!

This

Well, I would go for a Red Hill Tactical Holster on a Boss hanger first. As for 'tuning':

11lbs hammerspring

10 or 11 lbs recoil

once shot in maybe (i did) a race hammer with 0,2 or 0,4 disconnector

hardened searpin (that's what we in Europe do)

last: add lok grips

Done!! My trigger is a bit above 2 lbs SA

Edited by Fasthenk65

• 3 weeks later...