AKJD

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, zombywoof said:

The latest batch I just received is a little on the slow side. I did one test run with my DVC-O

8.7 grains with 125 blue 1250 fps.

9.8 gets me 1380 with powder coated 125. I go .2 more with Hollow Points.

17 hours ago, regor said:

For those who switched to MP from HS6, what was your change in charge weight?

I've seen plenty of people comment that it burns clean (HS6 makes my Czechmate filthy), but is there any substantial change in feel? 

What is powder fill like in a 9mm case? I'm running 8.5gr of HS6, which leaves me a reasonable amount of room in the case so I don't have any spillage issues from the case plate indexing and I don't think the load is compressed based on my measurements. 

Also how is availability vs HS6? Seems like MP is cheaper but charge weights are higher so cost savings is negligible. 

Had to go up to 10g on my guns for SW MP. Still lots of room in the case. I tried HS6 and it was FILTHY and the impact hit me weird in my hand. Tried all different loads from 168-173PF and it was just odd. SW MP felt really nice with a nice predictable impulse in your hand. Dot tracked much less side to side versus HS6. Also, the gun got very very hot quickly with HS6 and I needed two guns to practice with. 

Powder in a 9mm case was not even close to full. Plenty of room compared to 3N38, etc. 

Around here in Southeast MP is pretty easy to get. 

• 1 year later...
On 2/1/2020 at 11:46 AM, hurley326 said:

Is anyone else running this powder on a Mark 7 Evolution/Revolution? I think because it’s such a fine grain powder it’s causing inconsistent powder drops for me. I’m getting some at 10.1 grains and others at 8 grains.

Curious if you ever got SWMP measure reliably in the Mark 7 mechanical powder measure? I've used AA7 previously in it and had zero issues, but bought some SWMP a few months ago. My charges vary +/- 0.5-1gr. Seems that it will run the same charge for several cycles, but eventually throws out something off. Had a case this morning where it was repeatedly dropping 10.1gr consistently, and then I come back a few hours later only to find it is dropping a 4ish gr charge now. My lot is 115 which was very clumpy out of the jug.