Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotshell Holders

brass-hog

brownells carries the california comp models. I don't like them. They are for 3 inch shells and are sloppy with the 2 3/4". Choate has similiar product just for the 2 3/4" shells and sells on line.

brownells carries the california comp models. I don't like them. They are for 3 inch shells and are sloppy with the 2 3/4". Choate has similiar product just for the 2 3/4" shells and sells on line.

The California comp models come w/ spacers that must be used for proper function. The nice thing about the spacers, is you can remove the small one and use it for slugs. Most slugs are longer than 2 3/4" cause of the roll crimp. The smaller Choate loaders will not hold the slugs.

Does Choate make the same type of 'hook' on the belt, vs. threading? Maybe I just haven't found them yet?

I like to be able to easily add a California Comp holder on to the belt, by just hooking it on, but I wish they were tighter too.

Does Choate make the same type of 'hook' on the belt, vs. threading?  Maybe I just haven't found them yet?

I like to be able to easily add a California Comp holder on to the belt, by just hooking it on, but I wish they were tighter too.

i have one of each, the choate and the Calf comp. The both have the 'hook' for the belt. If u use the outer belt of a CRspeed belt, they are real tight. I have a difficult time sliding them over and also removing them once they are in place.

...Most slugs are longer than 2 3/4" cause of the roll crimp. The smaller Choate loaders will not hold the slugs.

I don't have any problems with my Choate units, even with a homebrewed spacer. The only slugs that caused me grief were Sellier & Bellots. I'm using both Wolf 2-3/4" and Breneke 2-3/4", they fit without problem.

With regards to quick attach method, I used the Blade Tech Tek-Lok units in the back of the Choate belt loop and this set up is much better than the Cal. Comp. spring clip, IMO.

• 4 weeks later...
Can anyone tell me a source to purchase some 4 or 6 round shotshell holders? I am looking for the ones that you wear on your belt and the shells stack in a plastic holder. Can't find them anywhere. Thanks.

Hi Brass-hog, maybe a day late and a dollar short on this one. Try Innova Products Co in the Dealer area of this forum for another shell holder option.

T

He has the scope cover available for sale, and several of the top 3gunners are using them. Some were sold at the DPMS match. I am not sure who the distributors are going to be, but he will deal direct if you contact him.

The shotshell holders are similar in appearance and operation to the Calif. Compworks and Choate, but hold and release the rounds much better (according to Tewlman, I haven't tested them, but if he wants to give me one, I will run it exclusively, LOL).

Hopefully he can post some pics here of both of the products without violating the advertising rules since people are asking, but I am not sure.

I have shell holders that I make that are like the Cali. Comp. Works. They are very easy to make and cost about $1.75 each. I'll be happy to post some pictures if someone could tell me how.

edit...

Let me try this

Nope not gonna work...I give up :wacko:

Fomeister is correct, my shotshell holder are awesome :)

they will be adjustable for different width shells(about 1/8") and i am making 4 and 6 rd holders. they will secure to belt via tec-locks from bladetech.

i hope to have a vendor table at the 3gn nats if i can get production out the door.