Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is anyone running the IFG Tanfo Stock 1

srrch

Hey is anyone running an IFG Tanfo Stock 1 in USPSA or IDPA? What about for personal defense or concealed carry?

I run large frame Lim Pros in IDPA and USPSA, and I love them. However, I really like the idea of carrying what I practice the most with. So the IFG gun sparks my interest.

I'd just like to know how the gun runs for those that have shot it in any shooting sport, or carried it.

Thx

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

For concealed carry I suspect the slight additional slide length of your limited pro would be easier to live with than the more bulky full length dust cover of the S1. Weight is going to be about the same. If you are big and tough enough to pack either cc then you probably do not need self protection in the first place :) . 

On 10/27/2018 at 7:15 PM, srrch said:

The benefit of running the S1 asn a carry gun would be the interchangeability of mags, parts, and accessories with the Lim Pro.

My carry guns never get parts interchanged or replaced or upgraded; they’re left alone and shot 1/20th as often as any comp gun.

I don’t see any way that would be a factor for me.

There is no Tanfoglio product made that I would want to carry day in and day out, personally.

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is reviving a somewhat older thread, but yes I have the IFG Stock1 in 10mm ...and it is my EDC... after giving it some fluff and buff thanks to videos from the resident SME Memphis Mechanic, I have put about 750 rounds thru it with zero failures... used S&B, Magtech, and Hornady ammo... only real mods are the Henning Guide rod,  22# Wolff Spring...and Dawson FO front sight.

I carry it in an AG Cloak Tuck with CZ-Sp-01 phantom shell... its an exact match for the Stock 1 frame but I needed to use the thicker spacers to get it to fit..

I love this thing...recoil feels like a CZ with 9mm+p.....Enough to sell 2 of my 10mm 1911's that I really have no desire to shoot anymore..

Its a wee bit on the heavy side...good and bad depending on how you look at it...but I was used to the 1911 so it wasn't a huge change.

Hope this helps srrch make a better informed decision if its still up in the air

Edited by Msnthrp451
add text

• 2 weeks later...

I as well am looking to find an IFG S1 for my conceal carry, I have been looking to find a good tanfo to replace my glock19 to carry, but yet to find one, i do have the

lCE, but to tall and a touch to long to carry, i could live with the length, but the height cause printing with the grip if i carry, what is the over all height and length of the S1?  hope one day it is available  here in the US

20 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

Email Been Stoeger Pro shop. I bought one from them last week even though it said out of stock they said they could get one in a few days. 

I'll give that a try too, thanks.

Can you share the dimensions of the IFG for #1 and #5 when you get yours?

image.png.311d52163aee6fb6a876fcda11dd201b.png

Edited by wally0206

1 hour ago, wally0206 said:

I actually had it drop shipped to Patriot Defense to have some work done so it will be a while until I can do that. 

2 hours ago, wally0206 said:

#1----- 8 1/2 inches

#5-----5 3/4 inches

Measured with stock sights and mag inserted with factory basepad.