Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tripp Cobra 1911 mags

MAC10

hi,

anyone here vouch for Tripp mags? i have read that these mags are very good and equal to if not better than Wilson Combat mags.

i recently bought a new L.B. Premier ii w/ the 1.5. there is nothing wrong so far with the mags from L.B. i bought 2 Wilson Combat

mags and have used them with no probs. my bro-in-law is into match 1911 shoots and recommended trying at least 1 Tripp mag.

i really see no reason to buy another brand unless the above i`m using will degrade after awhile.

just wanted a little user info from people using tripp mags.

thanks!

I am not a fan of Tripp 9mm mags.  They tend to either drop the top round out of a partial mag, or just allow the top round to move forward enough to prevent the mag from dropping free.  

The front of the magazine is cut lower than either Wilson or Dawson mags, thus allowing the problem with dropping a partial mag.  I'll post a picture showing those three magazine brands below.  I haven't used a Tripp 40 or 45 mag, so I don't know if they have the same quirk.  

If you empty the mag all the time, they work very well!  

thumbnail_IMG_2848_1_.jpg

1 hour ago, JJM7288 said:

One of (8) 9mm Tripp Cobra mags purchased this year has failed. The spring looks fine but the follower gets hung up. I looked for warranty information but can't find how to go about having it repaired.

Just call or email them. Their info is on their website. I received a response from Aaron within a couple of hours when I had a question.