Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nikon P TACTICAL Spur Red Dot

andersonj55126

I really enjoy Nikon products. I have a few monarchs that have been fantastic and a pro stuff rimfire target that I love. Always a great value for the money.

This looks to be along the same lines.

Only prob if mounting on a pistol though is that 3 moa dot. A little small for my taste on a handgun. 

I might have to try one for an extra ar red dot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 3/1/2019 at 10:24 AM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: The price point looks good but not being a standard mounting will be a problem. Why they all try to make the mount their own is beyond me. Since the RMR seems to be the standard why not just go with that? Thanks, Eric

Ya it doesn’t make sense, just use the most common mounting pattern. Don’t make up a unique one that no one makes mounts for. 

On another note I really like Nikon products. I have 2 Nikon scopes, a p223 4-16 on a SPR and a p308 on my AR10. Both a great scopes especially for the money. I’d like to give this new dot a try at some point. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2019 at 2:37 PM, BelRiose said:

I saw these on sale the other day and got curious. Now that there’s been a little more time for shakeout, is anybody out there shooting this on their pistols? If so, what’s the verdict?

Just picked one up for RFPO. My first outing today. Wish the 3 moa dot was brighter. It’s not as bright as my DPP. Hope to shoot SC match next week, that will be my best test.

I have one on a PCC using the included Picatinny base.  It works well, was easy to zero and the dot is adequately bright even in full daylight.  So far I'm very satisfied.  And, yes, it's too bad they didn't use a common footprint like the Burris FFIII / Vortex Venom/ Viper.

• 7 months later...
Feedback Score

Just heard from EGW down in PA that they will be making the pistol plates for Novak cut and Glock cut for Nikon Spur: I just hope someone imports them for sales in Canada!

We have a Nikon Spur here and we are going to offer an adapter plate for it that will fit the Novak cut and a Glock cut. If those sell well we will look into making it to fit other guns. They are still a few months out right now but we will be making them.

Thank you,
Al

Evolution Gun Works Inc
52 Belmont ave
Quakertown Pa 18951
www.egwguns.com
Since 1991
215 538 1012