Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How heavy, is too heavy?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

Thanks...  Looks great with the Taccom 13.5 inch barrel...

Have you shot it yet?

No

I want to switch uppers, and I left the spanner wrench for my aero precision barrel nut at my buddy's shop.

I just got it back late last night.

I hope to build/switch everything around this weekend.

I've shot mine with the 13.5" taccom barrel.  Probably have 700-800 rounds through it.    No feed problems at all. The feed ring is very generous and polished. The little bit of length and the little bit of weight loss from the front really ballanced the gun. My pcc is now the same weight it was but I moved about 4 ounces to the rear of the gun with a couple ounce heavier Magpul stock. It really makes transitions a lot easier for me. 

5 hours ago, Timido said:

I've shot mine with the 13.5" taccom barrel.  Probably have 700-800 rounds through it.    No feed problems at all. The feed ring is very generous and polished. The little bit of length and the little bit of weight loss from the front really ballanced the gun. My pcc is now the same weight it was but I moved about 4 ounces to the rear of the gun with a couple ounce heavier Magpul stock. It really makes transitions a lot easier for me. 

Sounds like it's working well for you...  I'd get one of the Taccom 13.5" barrels if they had a feed ramp.

I have a Magpul CTR stock...  I know it's a bit heavier, but I like it...  I think it's weight in a good place.

5 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

Sounds like it's working well for you...  I'd get one of the Taccom 13.5" barrels if they had a feed ramp.

I have a Magpul CTR stock...  I know it's a bit heavier, but I like it...  I think it's weight in a good place.

Just a note...JP does not use a feed ramp. My JP and many other folks who I personally know who run JP’s have not had feeding problems.

In fact mine started as Colt lower based on a JP GMR13 and then I switched it over to a Glock lower. Same result....no issues.

My PCC is on the lighter side, probably about 6.5 lbs.  14.5" QC10 barrel with a comp pinned and welded to 16".  With the MBX buffer I'm using the gun is very stable.  Prefer the lighter weight as it's easier to transition, move around, hold with one hand opening a door, etc.  Went the same way with my Limited gun; lighter.  Dumped the steel grip and went back to plastic as everything felt faster. 

• 2 weeks later...

The 1st stage of our monthly USPSA match will require you to carry a cane with you the whole time.

(We have had other stages in the past where you had to carry stuff, but it never mattered much shooting Limited 10)

So having just shed over a pound off of the front of the gun, will make it much easier to move around one handed!

On 10/7/2018 at 8:44 AM, Startingover said:

The 1st stage of our monthly USPSA match will require you to carry a cane with you the whole time.

(We have had other stages in the past where you had to carry stuff, but it never mattered much shooting Limited 10)

So having just shed over a pound off of the front of the gun, will make it much easier to move around one handed!

You don't have to shoot while holding the cane, do you?

Shooting an AR with one hand would be difficult...  That's why they don't make PCC shoot one handed in Classifiers.

6 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

You don't have to shoot while holding the cane, do you?

Shooting an AR with one hand would be difficult...  That's why they don't make PCC shoot one handed in Classifiers.

Would a match director in IDPA be able to make you shoot one handed in a match?  I know there is strong hand and week hand defined, but could the say to shoot with one hand only?