Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Open Build Theory

kneelingatlas

2 minutes ago, Ipman said:

Yeah just a thought, maybe will go for compensator route. Do you have an SP01 open build? Hope you guys post more pictures, esiest way to build on a budget

Or step by step building process using SP01 shadow

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, kneelingatlas said:

Yes you can do something like this with a TS barrel in an SP01, but it won't have much effect and 9 major without a comp can chew up the barrel lugs.

kneelingatlas@gmail.com is my email

Kust email you kneelingatlas. Thank you!

• 4 months later...

@kneelingatlas

What reverse plug are you using on a 75b if you cut the slide shorter and use a Czechmate/style comp?

Thanks

edit: can I just use the czechmate comp guide rod hole?

still curious what you used on some of your builds

Edited by Fo0

20 hours ago, Fo0 said:

@kneelingatlas

What reverse plug are you using on a 75b if you cut the slide shorter and use a Czechmate/style comp?

Thanks

edit: can I just use the czechmate comp guide rod hole?

still curious what you used on some of your builds

It's a Czechmate reverse plug and when I shorten the slide I have to cut the bottom of the comp to clear:

IMG_20180718_170756.thumb.jpg.a04e17134de9ffb403d3a2bf2215c5de.jpgreceived_2217375791610674.thumb.jpeg.2833a60a462fa3e6054de5d53ba4f4bd.jpeg

Edited by kneelingatlas

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, yigal said:

maybe from this reason ?😀

Yes, I've also seen the certification. Most probably is that one of the reasons. Overall I've ordered stuff several times from him and it has alwasy been excellent service.

I got so inspired that I had to start a project of my own.

I am going to build a Open major 9mm CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow gun from the following parts. Let's see how it turns out, there are some challenges since I plan to keep the serial numbers untouched and a original length barrel.

• Seboweapons C-more rts 2 back shifted mount with tumbrest
  • Seboweapons racker
  • McLearn Custom guns 13-5 comp (bought used on BE forums)
  • Czechmate reverse plug & recoil spring rod
  • Delta optical mini dot HD26 red dot
  • Make a custom cone and thread adapter from M14x1 to 11/16×40 thread
  • Make a spacer between the frame and the mount so that it is centered on the gun
  • Cut a slot for the racker

What do you guys think should the red dot mount be tilted by let's say 1 degree in order to have enough elevation adjustment?

Next will be to find a good machinist..

all parts mockup.jpg

all parts.jpg

Edited by Ludde

4 hours ago, kneelingatlas said:

If you don't cut the frame you'll need to cut notches out of the sides of the comp so it doesn't hit the frame when it cycles (the barrel moves ~1/4" towards the frame when it unlocks).

Yes I've also come to that conclusion when doing some measurements. Let's see how it turns out once I actually start cutting and milling. Plans can always change if some better solution comes along during the process.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2019 at 1:17 PM, CZ75SP01Marc said:

It seems the first pistol a Shadow has the comp mounted and the slide and frame looks still unmodified. How can I do that and where can I get this red dot mount. 

I don't know anything about that pistol, merely saw a picture of it online

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2019 at 5:23 AM, CZ75SP01Marc said:

Do you think a SJC 5 port comp on the standard CZ 75 SP01 threaded barrel will provide a flat shooting with standard 115gr load in the 140pf range?

No, I don't think so.  I've never tried the 5 port SJC, but I've tried the 11 and it didn't knock my socks off, I even added two 3/16" holes in the barrel.  Aside from that you'll be hard pressed to work up a "flat" load at 140PF using a 115, soft yes, flat no.

The key is a good comp, slow powder, and a light bullet at around 170PF, less powder just means less gas.

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, CZ75SP01Marc said:

I got what you are saying with the additional gas I have to provide in order to have a functioning comp and get a flat shooting gun.

I will try a 90gr bullet with a slow burning powder to reach the 170pf, what would be a good comp I could use on the threaded CZ 75 barrel.

Are you planning on competing with this? USPSA/IPSC require 112gr/120gr minimum projectile weight respectively for Major loads. 

1 hour ago, CZ75SP01Marc said:

we just do steel shooting in our club, so far I`m not thinking about competing, my main interest is in the flat shooting 

Do you even need to shoot Major power factor then?