Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does a pistol carbine drop in kit qualify as PCC ?

It has to be defined by the ATF as a rifle.

For example, pay the tax stamp and build an SBR such as an AR-15 with a 7” barrel and an honest-to-god stock? Legal in USPSA.

An AR-15 pistol with a 7” barrel an an adjustable, shoulder-able pistol brace is not a rifle. Not legal in USPSA.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

2)

Handgun to carbine conversions are allowed as long as the convers

ion is shot in PCC division,

and meets the criteria in #6.

Must have stock attached and

be capable of being

fired from

shoulder position

**Note: Sig Brace

and any variant

thereof is

not allowed*

* Handgun

to carbine

conversions

are allowed,

provided they meet the criteria above.

Is it available for purchase in the United States?

Looks like the DarkForce pistol carbine kit has a buttstock that can be shot from the shoulder but uses the pistol's barrel.  As such, they would not be legal in the U.S. without a tax stamp.  I'm not even sure you can get the stamp since it can easily go from a pistol to a carbine.

If you could put a 16" barrel in the pistol and get it to fit, you might be able to pass muster.

If you are not in the states (NZ possibly?) you could be OK.

Edit: Found their website in NZ.  Price in US$ is about $865.  What's interesting is their suppressors start at under 60 US$ (22 LR).

Edited by Flatland Shooter
57 minutes ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Yeah, NZ is a beautiful place. Suppressors are encouraged and considered polite. When I was there a few years ago I could have bought one...no stamp, no wait. 

Sorta shows they are way overpriced here.

23 hours ago, chevrofreak said:

2) Handgun to carbine conversions are allowed as long as the conversion is shot in PCC division, and meets the criteria in #6.

Must have stock attached and be capable of being fired from shoulder position.

Excellent, thanks for this.

11 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Yeah, NZ is a beautiful place. Suppressors are encouraged and considered polite. When I was there a few years ago I could have bought one...no stamp, no wait. 

Yup, got suppressors on all my rifles. It's a nice slice of paradise but the down side is things can get pretty pricey. You'd cry at the price of a PMag.

I was thinking of something similar, except the glock conversion piece that allows you to install an AR receiver extension and stock.  Sure you pay the $200, but then you have something that might be pretty useful on tighter stages.  Especially when taking shots with aggressive leans it might actually be an advantage over the AR style PCC guns.  Add a frame mounted dot and a comp and see what happens.

4 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Yeah, there's also a fantastic shop in Rotarua and I hear one of the best ranges in the country just outside of town. Maybe I can plan a combined hunt / IPSC vacation out there soon :rolleyes:

I have plenty of PMAGS :devil:

Yup that's the Gunsupplies shop and the Rotorua Pistol Club, quite a few ranges with dedicated speed steel range in the middle, they run National competitions including IPSC, MultiGun, etc.

Prices for new gear are a bit eye watering, biggest challenge for some gear is getting US Export permits. But travelling with gear in/out USA quite easy, we recently spent more talking to US Customs about shooting than it took for them to process the Form6 into the computer. You'd have the same if you bring your gear down to NZ,  and you basically get a free suppressor when you arrive, handed out like lollies ?

rpc.jpg