Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 2 - Desert Classic - 2005

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to all of those, especially the CRO's and RO's, responsible for making the 2005 Area 2 match a success :D

This one was more challenging than the last one I attended in 2002. The stage designers really made you work on the bigger stages :)

Squad 10, was nice to meet all of you and was great to see other shooters I've met before.

Hope to get in again next year ;)

Aloha y-all,

Barry B)

Hey Barry,

I am sorry I did not get a chance to talk to you.........when I finished with Steve S., I looked around for you in the vendor area and the activity center. If there is anything I can do, please e-mail or PM me...........I hope you had a fun time.

Steve H.

It sure is quiet (after the match this year).

I guess the usual suspects won and there isn't much news??? ;)

2005 Area 2 - Rio Salado Desert Classic

Rio Salado Sportsman's Club

11/10/2005

Limited - Rob Leatham

Limited_10 - Craig Underdown

Open - JJ Racaza

Production - Dave Sevigny

Revolver - Jerry Miculek

Total: 353

Leatham continues to win...even with the talent at the top of the Limited score sheet. (You really have to have your sh*t together to approach the top 5 in Limited at an Area match now days...good job Kelly N.)

Open, by my count, had 13 Grand Masters in the field...and, some world class talent at the top on the score sheet.

Revolver, a good showing (18 shooters) and a nice race for 2nd. (Apologizes to my wheel-gunning friends, but JM is da' man.)

L-10, can't get much tighter than that for 1st place (1358.5278 vs. 1358.1731 )

Production, Angus managed to get to 98% of Dave. Looking at the stage results, it seems like Angus must of had on winged shoes. Fast times.

Thanks. I thought it was an excellent match, perhaps the best piostol match that I have ever attended. I should get a special award for no mikes, no shoots or procedurals.

But we need to add two more guns to the mix before TGO needs to worry about me. ;)

Hi everyone,

In regards to the limited 10 race. My shooting buddy who is mostly a IDPA shooter almost took the overall title in Limted 10. He was shooting a Para P18 in minor and had one small feeding issue the entire match and that is what cost him the match :-( Not taking anything away from the top shooter, but just wait until next year when he has a full year to get ready and start shooting USPSA full time!!

Hey Barry,

I am sorry I did not get a chance to talk to you.........when I finished with Steve S., I looked around for you in the vendor area and the activity center. If there is anything I can do, please e-mail or PM me...........I hope you had a fun time.

Steve H.

Hey Steve H.,

Congrats on your finish and this is with RO'ing too, good shooting.

Spoke to Craig S. today and he will be sending me some info.

Stay safe,

Barry B)

This was by far the most difficult match I have ever shot in the short time period I have been involved in USPSA. Some of the stages were a little frustrating for a middle of the road shooter like myself to prepare for. The Fort apache and the motorcycle stage were killers for me. Lots of mikes and FTE's were given out. From what I heard from other shooters, the FTE penalty was handed out pretty frequently on stage 2. I still had a great time and was honored to meet alot of people that I only get to read about. I will definitely make this a regular match on my shooting schedule. Thanks to all that put in the hard work to make this match happen.

BElow is me keeping good company

post-2458-1132150986_thumb.jpg

As for FTE's the most amazing stage to me for those was stage 7 (Grimm's scary tales, a wide open run-n-gun) we had 7 shooters blow by targets while I was ROing (and I am sure others while I was off shooting my makeup stages).

Overall the match was a lot of fun, my results while not spectacular made me happy, no Mikes, only one no-shoot, and only 2 D's (my times were slow this year though need more practice on paper and preventing holster super-lock :P ...).

Glad to see all of the BE'ers that I met there.

7 was my favorite stage because it was so straight forward. This was a nice break after shooting all the technical stuff. As a "U" shooter I placed 14th (81%) in Limited and 38th (79%) overall on this stage. A lot of the other stages got me but this one felt good and ended up turning out great.

I was getting worried about some of the other stages but when I found out I wasn't the only one having some problems with the stages and this simple one went well I felt a little better. If I had screwed up this straight forward one I would have been dissapointed.

Neal in AZ

give me a week... they'll be on the rio web site soon...

a2chic :ph34r:

Can you tell us the dates so some of us can put in for vacation?

The dates for the 2006 SMM3G are March 10-12, 2006 with mandatory registration on the 9th.

Application to be available soon... on the new web site -

SMM3G Home Page

rlamarca@cox.net

Reminder... early entrants will be shot (i.e. returned)

Edited by AZ Stats Chic