Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Range Case for a PCC Rifle

I resurrected an old AR-15 soft case to use for my new PCC rifle...  It's good for carrying an AR rifle to the range and back, but not so good for bagging and unbagging a rifle at each stage...  The rifle gets caught in the soft padding and is cumbersom to take out and put away after shooting a stage.

Any of you all have an AR-9 range case that you like for competitions?

I resurrected an old AR-15 soft case to use for my new PCC rifle...  It's good for carrying an AR rifle to the range and back, but not so good for bagging and unbagging a rifle at each stage...  The rifle gets caught in the soft padding and is cumbersom to take out and put away after shooting a stage.

I've found a scabbard to work. Easy in and easy out.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

All of our local clubs allow us to carry the PCC stage to stage with the muzzle up and the chamber flagged. I have found the best flags to be the Arredondo PCC flags, and the easiest bags to be the Midway https://www.midwayusa.com/product/754325/midwayusa-heavy-duty-discreet-tactical-rifle-case

Unfortunately, seems like they’re sold out, likely due to the popularity of PCC. I wanted an easy bag, no pockets, light weight, a little padding so I don’t have to baby it, big enough I don’t have to put the stock in, cheap. This bag seemed to check all the boxes.

an additional benefit of a cart is that it allows you to carry a cooler (mine is soft sided) , an old guy stool, and an umbrella in addition to a place for two long guns if you use ATV gun racks... mine is a stripped jogging stroller... it is modular, and uses aluminum snap links to attach my shooting bag or extra ammunition for 3 gun

if you shoot Ruskin or Hernando Sportsmans Club the umbrella is a match saver... last month at Ruskin the Sun was a scorcher when working down range

I use a drago bag for my general carry bag. I use a scabbard for going from my Drago bag to the PCC staging table. I transport all that in a GUN CART (girlfriend calls it a baby jogging cart).That allows me to transport the gun and all my other gear in one bag and still stay within the carry rules of several of the ranges I shoot at.  

6 hours ago, stick said:

Horizontal

Correct me if I'm wrong but,

PCC 5.2.1.4  rule states that the if the PCC is not cased and stored in a mobile rack or carrier needs to be "reasonably vertical". What ever that means....

Possible DQ?

Just now, JZELEK said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but,

PCC 5.2.1.4  rule states that the if the PCC is not cased and stored in a mobile rack or carrier needs to be "reasonably vertical". What ever that means....

Possible DQ?

The PCC is chamber flagged.  The barrel is pointing downward per the rules in 5.2.1.4

PCC 5.2.1.4

Pistol caliber carbines

may be transported or stored without a slip or case, whether or not reasonably vertical, in a mobile rack or carrier as long as a chamber safety flag is used.

17 hours ago, stick said:

Not sure if you want a cart, but I've found it even easier than a bag to use for my PCC's

cart1.pdf

Thanks, Stick...  I've been trying to decide between a bag, wagon, and a cart...  I'm used to carrying everything in a DAA backpack on one of their Range carts...  Worked good for pistols, now I have to also carry my rifle in a case...  Thinking about a better case short term and then maybe changing to a wagon or a buggy in the future.

Lots of the PCC shooters around here use the jogging baby buggies to carry their PCC rifles, but they don't store them vertically...  the stock is up by the handle and the muzzle points down by the front wheel...  They use flags.

1 hour ago, RaylanGivens said:

Thanks, Stick...  I've been trying to decide between a bag, wagon, and a cart...  I'm used to carrying everything in a DAA backpack on one of their Range carts...  Worked good for pistols, now I have to also carry my rifle in a case...  Thinking about a better case short term and then maybe changing to a wagon or a buggy in the future.

Lots of the PCC shooters around here use the jogging baby buggies to carry their PCC rifles, but they don't store them vertically...  the stock is up by the handle and the muzzle points down by the front wheel...  They use flags.

I used the Jogging stroller for 3gun.  This cart ($50 at Sams) folds up nicely even with the gun racks on it.  Heck of a lot easier than trying to carry all your gear.

I've been using a UTG Alpha Battle Carrier Sling Pack - 34". I can put the PCC inside with my magazine bag (6 mags loaded) and belt with pouches. Outside pockets fit tools, parts, small ammo box (225 rnds). I also have a scabbard to take the rifle to the line. I roll it in a cart along with h2o and such.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk