Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting PCC strong and weak hand only

We have a special classifier coming up in a couple of weeks (July 7th) and a few of the stages have shooting strong and weak hand only. Any special techniques that you use to master this? I haven’t shot PCC yet, but will have one built by the match and I am considering shooting it for this match 

Dryfire.

With PCC “weakhanded” means your dominant hand on the handguard, and the weak hand manipulating the trigger.

Shooting “strong hand” means the traditional two handed grip. You still get to use both hands.

Practice switching back and forth.

3 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Dryfire.

With PCC “weakhanded” means your dominant hand on the handguard, and the weak hand manipulating the trigger.

Shooting “strong hand” means the traditional two handed grip. You still get to use both hands.

Practice switching back and forth.

Ok. That helps. I’ve done a bunch of transitions so I should be fine then. Do you have to have your weak hand on the pistol grip or just the PCC on the weak shoulder?

Dryfire switching shoulders while keeping the gun up. Go from right side to left side and vice versa.

Make sure you practise switching after a reload as classifiers may include this too. You need to reload as fast as an open shooter to be competitive.

Make sure you keep both eyes open - as allowing your left eye to take control of the dot will take getting used to if you are right eye dominant. A big screen on your optic will help here eg a Holosun 510C. Canting the gun slightly may also help.

Edited by selecw

3 minutes ago, Jeremyc_1999 said:

Ok. That helps. I’ve done a bunch of transitions so I should be fine then. Do you have to have your weak hand on the pistol grip or just the PCC on the weak shoulder?

Weakhand and weak shoulder will be required.

6 minutes ago, Jeremyc_1999 said:

For “buttstock on the belt” is the muzzle pointing to the ground then?  We are shooting 3v, El Presidente, Riverdale standards, Times Two, Merle’s Standards, Fast’s Furious 

Usually it’s stock on belt, muzzle pointing anywhere down range.

15 minutes ago, Jeremyc_1999 said:

For “buttstock on the belt” is the muzzle pointing to the ground then?  We are shooting 3v, El Presidente, Riverdale standards, Times Two, Merle’s Standards, Fast’s Furious 

The requirement is buttstock on the belt and muzzle down range.  You can hold the gun horizontal or point it to the ground if you wish. Typically (at least for me) its faster to line up the end of the muzzle between your eye and the first target.  At the beep push the muzzle directly towards the target and swing the buttstock upward just forward of your shoulder, then quickly pull it into your shoulder,  The dot should be on the target by then.

Edited by Flatland Shooter

We have a special classifier coming up in a couple of weeks (July 7th) and a few of the stages have shooting strong and weak hand only. Any special techniques that you use to master this? I haven’t shot PCC yet, but will have one built by the match and I am considering shooting it for this match 

For weak hand strings unless you are required to start holding gun in strong hand, I suggest starting with a weak hand hold to alleviate a transfer. Rules forbid a mandated weak hand start but nothing prevents you from starting that way by your choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will tell you shooting weak hand for the first few times on the clock I had a seriously hard time finding the dot...yah I had some mikes.

I found in my case if I close my right eye slightly shooting weak hand I can always find the dot every time, your mileage may vary.  Normally shooting dots I shoot both eyes open with no issues.