Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

carry optics division

RH45

The provisional rules don't seem to address magazine capacity.

Some of the local match directors seem to think it's 10+1, because it's basically SSP with an optic, but, does anybody know for sure??

30 minutes ago, jcc7x7 said:

I would think since NOTHING in IDPA is loaded above 10 rounds that 10 is the Standard in IDPA!

PCC is 30 rounds ?

4 minutes ago, floater said:

10+1 max, must "comply with rules for any IDPA pistol division before optic is installed". Appendix C "Carry Optics" 1.1.2A

Thanks 

I had heard that Carry Optics was SSP with optics but reading the allowed modifications in the provisional rules it lists mag wells as allowed . Is that how you all read it ? The reason I ask is I'm thinking of milling the slide for an optic sight on a P-09 that I have installed a mag well on that I used to shoot in ESP. 

5 hours ago, BillR1 said:
7 hours ago, BikerJon said:

Not quite...aftermarket triggers are excluded in CO for one example.

1.1.2A Would allow aftermarket triggers, but 1.1.1.2C dose not, so got me? 1.1.1.3 only tell you no conversion barrels to change calibers and no disabling the slide stop, so what one should you fallow? 

9 hours ago, floater said:

1.1.2A Would allow aftermarket triggers, but 1.1.1.2C dose not, so got me? 1.1.1.3 only tell you no conversion barrels to change calibers and no disabling the slide stop, so what one should you fallow? 

1.1.1.2 is inclusive and specific, so those rules have to be followed. 1.1.1.3 is non-inclusive meaning it's not a complete description of what is not allowed.

On 5/21/2018 at 9:28 AM, sfinney said:

Isn't that funny? In IDPA Magwells are allowed in Carry Optics. But in USPSA they are not.

To weird. 

Mag Wells are allowed in ESP but not SSP.  

USPSA is more geared to SSP in IDPA, ESP would be closer to L10.

At some point I expect USPSA to have a SA Optics Division, maybe help resurrect L10?

For all of the angst, and I was not at first convinced, looks like CO's are becoming popular retail items.  I checked out a Kimber factory 1911 with a factory optics, was nice but a bit pricey.

• 2 weeks later...

I see aftermarket slides have been removed from the Excluded modifications list (1.1.1.3.7). Does this mean they are now permitted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

My local match director won't allow magazine capacity over 10 rounds even though he's been running a non-IDPA PCC match for about a year.

He also won't allow 10+1. We can only start with 10 rounds. Says it's because there's "less manipulation". 

I've decided not to support the match with my money with these crappy rules.

Edited by telligentgunner