Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CNC Toolhead S1050

The CNC Shooter Super 1050 toolhead has been designed to withstand the absolute worst beatings that might be dished out by the fastest-moving autodrives. They've been successfully tested at over 3400RPH.

List of the features found on the CNC Shooter toolhead:

- Body is machined from solid steel 1" thick(not a poorly dimensioned and inconsistent casting varying from .9 - 1.1")
- Front pin is case hardened and length is adjustable
- Extra threaded hole at the priming station (for ultimate brass processing capabilities, this is a standard die size 7/8"-14)
- 5 smaller threaded holes on top for accessory attachments (10-32)
- Primer push pin locks in place via set screw
- No more stupid ratchet (you can still install one if needed)
- Casefeed cam is not only harder but also almost 3x as thick as factory and engages the whole casefeed roller.
- Clearance ring cut into bottom to allow for bearing kits
- Black oxide finish for corrosion resistance
- Made in USA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

54 minutes ago, Tom S. said:

Nice idea, too bad the machining isn't a bit smoother, or at least more consistent (and yes, I've used a mill and know how to get a better finish).

Amazing. 

I use this for production I am not taking it to bed LOL. This Toolhead is sweet. As advertised it enhances the 1050. I enjoy running a full SEVEN stations

8FA24C1D-D25C-48F4-8BA9-477D414FE30E.jpeg

14 minutes ago, oteroman said:

Amazing. 

I use this for production I am not taking it to bed LOL. This Toolhead is sweet. As advertised it enhances the 1050. I enjoy running a full SEVEN stations

What die are you using in station 3? Looks like a crimp die? 

I cast my bullets and powder coat them. 

I use M-die or Lee universal expander W/NOE inserts in #3, I enjoy having my powder drop, just dropping powder, smooth. 

If I recall there is about 20/1000’s on the base (threads to primer base). About 45/1000’s space at the top 

I find it to be a very high-quality machined  tool head. Threads for the dies seem to be more precise, the dies screw in just ever so slight bit tighter which seems to give it more precise tuning of the dies. I have one configured a few different ways.

RiggerJJ-

I will bite.

I run 9mm

My press is automated so I pre-process my brass.

During this stage I decap and my Ammobot fitted with a primmer sensor in station #2 (swage rod removed) checks for ringers (anything in the primer pocket/diameter of pocket not large enough for a small primer to fit).

I switch tool-heads (CNC 7 station) , Remove primer sensor, reinstall swage rod and load ammo.

RE: Your enquiry on station #3 (I run a M-Die)

Running an M-Die IMO based on experience creates no issues.

By pre-processing I eliminate my obstacles relating to primers before loading ammo.

To run automated loading 9mm ammo (2,000 hr. to 3,000 hr.) you have to have your press tuned up, mine is.

I am not advocating this toolhead is for every 1050 owner.

But for me now I don't have to try and have the powder drop fitted with a Mr. Bullet feeder powder drop do my M-die work.

I feel I get more consistent powder charges, the press runs smoother (no binding as the powder drop is being extracted from the clean brass).

There are a few more benefits that are built into this 7 station CNC STEEL toolhead besides the extra station.

Google foo will get you updated if you so desire.

Edited by oteroman

No insult intended, trying to determine your reloading experience based on your questions to appropriately answer.

I have had primers go off in station #3 with a Dillon toolhead and it makes a noise and one primer goes off.

I have never had a primer go off with the CNC toolhead.

The CNC toolhead does not increase the chance of a primer detonation.

All I asked was what happens when a primer goes off with a die on top of the  case. Doesn't have anything to do with the cnc head, the set up you have, how you reload or your vast experience in reloading, or my experience for that matter...

I realize that the cnc toolhead doesn't increase the chances of a primer det, but putting a die over a case that has a primer det is what I am concerned about. Where does the pressure/flash go? If it  goes down, (which I think is the only direction it would go, but what kind of shrapnel will happen?) I would also think it would increase the chance of having an entire primer tube go off, not good...been there done that, don't want to do it again.

If it goes up, what could it do to the die?

Maybe there is a reason Dillon didn't thread that position...

Just wondering...

Ok got it.

Your initial question was not precise enough for me to understand, now I do, just me I guess.

Prior to the CNC toolhead I ran a EGA - Dillon 1050 Super - Primer Hold Down Die.

I ran 10-15K with no primer detonations, so I have no feedback yet.

All of my prior detonations (maybe 3) have been a result of a ringer in the brass then trying to push another primer in.

I believe I have eliminated this issue by preprocessing my brass 1st. pass Mighty Armory decap, then Ammobot primer sense in swaging #2. Then I load.

I try to be as careful as possible, just because I can run stupid fast I don't.

On 4/29/2018 at 8:28 PM, oteroman said:

Amazing. 

Just not buying it. Enhanced how? The 1050 head is pretty beefy to start with. I'm not shy about adding something that enhances operation on a 1050 but you can bell for lead in station 2 or 4 - and I'm certainly not seeing any negative impact in Powder drops belling in station 4...

Appears to be a solution looking for a problem. 3,400 rounds an hour? yay... you can't move a case that fast without slinging powder, so what's the point?

M

I can’t bell in #2 I swage there. 

Doing a M-die type of operation in the powder drop is not what I want. I prefer NOE inserts screwed onto the stem of a Lee universal expander. I can run .356 .357 .358 you are locked in with one size with Mr. Bullet powder drop. Additionally the powder drop is smoother when you just drop powder vs. expand the case wall and bell / drop powder. 

“You Can’t run 3,400 without slinging powder”

How can you make that claim not knowing my setup? Shellplate, powder charge, powder type. 

Whatever speed someone chooses to run their automated 1050 press at has no relivence to this toolhead.  

If you don’t see the point, ok. 

On 4/29/2018 at 8:28 PM, oteroman said:

Amazing. 

I guess you're not a machinist.  Curious though, would you be happy with a .45 slide that looked like that? 

Edited by Tom S.

Tom let it go man :)

I am not a machinist.

I would not be happy with a .45 slide that looked like that. But I bought a toolhead, not a freaking slide. Geeeeze!

Let's agree to disagree and move on. Enjoy!

On 4/29/2018 at 7:26 PM, Tom S. said:

Nice idea, too bad the machining isn't a bit smoother, or at least more consistent (and yes, I've used a mill and know how to get a better finish).

37 minutes ago, Tom S. said:

I guess you're not a machinist.  Curious though, would you be happy with a .45 slide that looked like that? 

We are spending machine time on what matters, the threading and dimensions. Machine time costs money. We are trying to keep this as affordable as possible. This is a tool head. They get beat up. If it looks pretty, then it's not being used correctly.