Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bul Armory?

Broski

I have BUL SAS II UR Open and my reloads / ammo depending of bullet type OAL is either 30mm or 30,5 mm.

As "regular" 9mm is 29,69 mm then I would say it accepts longer OALs (unless they changed their barrel parameters for US then I'm wrong). A lot in terms of OAL depends of bullet shape anyway.

You can ream the barrel throat if you need to. With OAL of 30mm and soft plated LOS 124 gn bullets there is roughly 3mm of bullet that sits in the brass. I see no reason to go longer if there is not signs of overpressure at PF of 170-175.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can only pass on what I was told and saw.  Was told specifically that the gun barrel is made to Sami specs out of the box. I did see them try several other people ammunition made at lengths between 1.165 to 1.195. They would not feed into the barrel. I am sure the barrels can be reamed. I just was passing along what they “The BUL people “ said that out of the box they are made to Sami specs. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Brand new to the forum (today) and pretty late to this thread. But FWIW, I have 2 BUL SAS II UR Opens. Full size and a shorty. Bought the full size in Aug2020 and liked it so much I bought the Shorty in Oct2020. Both guns are flat out awesome.  I’m running custom reloads with AutoComp and 124jhp’s at 1.150 and have gone as long as 1.160. No issues. Rudimentary plunk tested at 1.195 on both. But these guns are WAY nicer than any STI I’ve seen and run 100% out of the box (excluding a recoil spring change). Only issue I had was with 1 MBX mag and a simple lip adjustment solved that. And both my guns were about the price of 1 Atlas Chaos. I’m no pro shooter by far, but these guns are fast and shoot super  flat. Got both from Gilbert at GPArms. Well worth consideration for anyone looking for a high quality reasonably priced Open gun! 

On 1/15/2020 at 7:02 PM, nbdyspl said:

I can only pass on what I was told and saw.  Was told specifically that the gun barrel is made to Sami specs out of the box. I did see them try several other people ammunition made at lengths between 1.165 to 1.195. They would not feed into the barrel. I am sure the barrels can be reamed. I just was passing along what they “The BUL people “ said that out of the box they are made to Sami specs. 

9 mm major power factor is beyond saami specs

On 1/16/2020 at 12:02 PM, nbdyspl said:

I used an xtreme Heavy plated 124 at that length and it fit. I did see some other try some 124 JHP and they wouldn’t.  I guess that it has to do with the profile of the Bullet that is used. 

Xtremes are more "slender" and tend to be more forgiving when loaded longer...

• 1 year later...
12 minutes ago, Tonysan said:

Just got BUL Armory 1911 Hunter and 

2011 SAS TAC 4.25.  Love them both. Want to get more and hope GP Arms is not a scam! Is it?

I have ordered 3 Bul form GP Arms. Great to deal with!

Where did you get the Tac 4.25 from?