Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HiperFire 24C

Just picked one up for my PCC ... looking for real word opinions on spring combos you guys are using.  I would focus on reliability over the lightest possible trigger pull  Gun is an older RRA 9mm that I have rebuilt more than once.  Runs great (and flat) with the Blitzkrieg hydraulic buffer.  Any info is appreciated ... and yes, I suppose I CAN just read the instructions but this is what forums are for, no?!

THANKS

I used the lightest set-up in the kit (silver).  I have never had a problem.  Even with CCI primers.  My buddy had to use yellow for some reason.

If you don't want to mess with tinkering go with the yellow springs.  The weight difference isn't big enough to make a difference IMO.

3 hours ago, stick said:

Silver springs for me.  Only problem I've had was a broken firing pin spring.

Do you have the new version or the old version?

Watch the video on installation, it's easier than reading the manual.

THANKS!  I will do that.  Sounds like silver springs are GTG.  I am running KNS pins on all my AR type rifles.  Will report back on results!

When I used Hiperfire (I recently switched to Elftmann) i used the lightest springs. i never had any issues with it.  test them all out and see what works for you. and if i remember correctly the lightest springs provide the hardest hitting hammer. keep that i mind for your firing pins longevity.

Oh ... and my Seekins safety doesn't work with the 24C.  Just ordered a replacement.  Hope it makes a difference in overall feel because so far I am not that impressed.  I will fool around with it and try other springs and see how it works out once the new safety gets here.