Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Removing Glock Stock 33rd Basepad?

I am new to Glocks and the stock basepad seems near impossible to remove.  I tried watching a few YouTube videos and they are all with standard basepads...didn't work for me.

I can easily remove my XD, Kahr and Pmag basepads...but this is driving me nuts.

Anyone have any tips on how to get this off?  Need to install my MBX Mini.

Thanks

I wrap the magazine in a towel and lock it down in a vise.  Insert a Phillips screwdriver into the hole in the basepad and give the side of the screwdriver a good wack with a hammer.  Probably not the official Glock armorer's way of doing it, but so far it has not destroyed the magazine tube or the factory basepad.

I followed the Youtube suggestions but the one that seemed to work on all mine was the vice grips (set carefully so as not to crush the mag body) then a few gentle taps with the mallet. You may not be able to use the factory base pad afterward if your taps are not of the gentle variety

You guys rock.  The vice grips plus a mini hammer I use for gun work did the trick.

Thankfully I had the magazine pointed away from me as after it started moving I gave it one more tap and the internals rocketed across the room.

Will finish up the MBX tomorrow or Thursday as I don't have time now to do all the prep work on the mag and follower.

Last thing I need to do before hitting the range.  I got my Hiperfire trigger installed after dinner.

I just position the back edge of the +2 extension on the edge of the table and smack the front of the body with a small rubber hammer to get things started ......oh yeah, I have the locking floor plate pushed up.

Hit it too hard and you have shit flying all over the place

go to ebay and search for 6" Swivel Pad Lock Pliers  buy from whomever, clamp the mag on sides just above base pad and it will squeeze it enough to release the locks and use a pin too push down spring base and they slide right off, dont crush the mag just a little squeeze

• 2 months later...