Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Grip modifications 21.4

je85

The new rules no longer says appendix E4

My question is can I add extra grip tape or other lightweight material under the grip tape especially on the front strap?

This would be for a Walther PPQ.

Old rules

5aad49f9a23f1_uspsarulesold.JPG.33a52a83f3f3e6e52f9e26dfdd386af2.JPG

New Rules

5aad48cad1948_uspsarules.thumb.JPG.26647d504b0d98c17780ed9a5175f7fd.JPG

From all I've seen on the new rules

Yes

They are listed on the uspsa web site if you want to confirm

I believe you have to be logged in to get to the new rule/amendments that take effect in may 2018

1 hour ago, PatrickDoyle said:

Texture forward where thumbs rest????Little unclear with this still.

That was not allowed in appendix e4. I'm curious if they will write a new rule book.

8 hours ago, je85 said:

That was not allowed in appendix e4. I'm curious if they will write a new rule book.

E4 will no longer applies.  They took it out of the rule, stipple away. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering if adding material to the backstrap of like a glock in order to change the profile is legal as long as it doesn't add a beaver tail or a magwell like the grip force backstrap but removing the beavertail http://www.armslist.com/posts/3451075/fayetteville-arkansas-handguns-for-sale--glock-17-gen-4 or modifying one of the factory glock backstrap to change the profile? It says you can replace grip panels but is the backstrap considered a grip panel I think it might be but I don't know.

2 hours ago, sean_stw said:

I'm wondering if adding material to the backstrap of like a glock in order to change the profile is legal as long as it doesn't add a beaver tail or a magwell like the grip force backstrap but removing the beavertail http://www.armslist.com/posts/3451075/fayetteville-arkansas-handguns-for-sale--glock-17-gen-4 or modifying one of the factory glock backstrap to change the profile? It says you can replace grip panels but is the backstrap considered a grip panel I think it might be but I don't know.

Backstrap are part of the grip and yes, you can modify it however you want. The M&P backstrap is interchangeable. And like you said, as long as it doesn't add a beavertail. 

43 minutes ago, happygunner77 said:

Backstrap are part of the grip and yes, you can modify it however you want. The M&P backstrap is interchangeable. And like you said, as long as it doesn't add a beavertail. 

Ok great that's what I was hoping, thanks.

• 3 months later...

FYI to everyone. You can add material anywhere on the grip except for thumb rest and beaver tail mods.

I added epoxy putty to the front of my grip and grip tape over it. I had no problems at Area 7 or Mid Atlantic sectionals.

Just now, dmshozer1 said:

Can you change the angle on a Glock gen 3 back strap?

Meaning straighten the grip angle to take the hump out so the gun points better.

Sorry, In Carry optics USPSA division?

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:20 AM, dmshozer1 said:

Can you change the angle on a Glock gen 3 back strap?

Meaning straighten the grip angle to take the hump out so the gun points better.

As long as you don't build it out at the top so that it could be construed as a beavertail, I don't see why not.

• 1 year later...