Flyingpig

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bwahahahahaha

I haven't swapped out to the new frame yet, I've built it, but still running the cracked one for now. Being sponsored by CZ (sort of, it's weird) I got to keep the cracked frame and will end up putting my 22 conversion kit on it. But I want to explore getting the new frame stripped and nitrided or some other spiffy coating. I love the Arcore look waaaay too much. Might even DLC it if I can (which is similar to nitride I think????)

And I drive a Volvo damnit!!!!! my second one, drove the last one to 1,000,000+ km . 

jeez a scoda??? that is just mean. I'm gonna go cry in my safe space now. 

3 minutes ago, slavex said:

bwahahahahaha

I haven't swapped out to the new frame yet, I've built it, but still running the cracked one for now. Being sponsored by CZ (sort of, it's weird) I got to keep the cracked frame and will end up putting my 22 conversion kit on it. But I want to explore getting the new frame stripped and nitrided or some other spiffy coating. I love the Arcore look waaaay too much. Might even DLC it if I can (which is similar to nitride I think????)

And I drive a Volvo damnit!!!!! my second one, drove the last one to 1,000,000+ km . 

jeez a scoda??? that is just mean. I'm gonna go cry in my safe space now. 

your old cracked sh2  was made from recycled  Scoda  😉.

i hope that new one made from  recycled  BMW.😄

nah I've watched the frames get cast and machined too many times to think there is any Skoda in there lol. 

I would love to get a better answer on the crack and it's reasons though. Soooo many theories and the factory is not saying anything. 

The machining on the 2 has always impressed me and these new frames especially so. Now I have to find someone to DLC this thing

2 hours ago, slavex said:

nah I've watched the frames get cast and machined too many times to think there is any Skoda in there lol. 

I would love to get a better answer on the crack and it's reasons though. Soooo many theories and the factory is not saying anything. 

The machining on the 2 has always impressed me and these new frames especially so. Now I have to find someone to DLC this thing

Re the DLC thing, there’s a lab in Richmond that will do it - the only facility of its kind in the Pacific Northwest. Minimum charge out is $500 though. 

I put Frank P onto them because he wanted some pieces done. Maybe the 2 of you can put in an order together to make the cost viable. If you do, I have one small piece that needs DLC treating too. 

3 hours ago, slavex said:

yes .the machining on sh2  is one of  the best that i saw on any cz gun.

but they have simple design mistake that cause to cracks in this place. someone  in cz need to  learn strength material.😉

On 11/26/2018 at 6:55 PM, slavex said:

Many years ago Colt's Delta Elite frames cracked in a somewhat similar way, just above the slide stop hole in the frame. Nobody accused Colt for recycling Skodas, most thought that frame's flex and harmonics were in play. Colt's solution was exactly the same as CZ's, to machine the cracking part out.

Further on the subject of this discussion, my Shadow 2 broke a slide stop and almost immediately after that cracked the frame, in exactly the same spot. Slightly south of 15,000 rounds.  Given that Shadows broke slide stops at a rate no gun that I know of did, I think that this part of a gun, the slide stop and part of the frame that holds it, gets stressed out a whole lot on these guns. Shadows broke more slide stops, Shadow 2s broke more slide stop retaining blocks, maybe just a function of stronger slide stops on Shadow 2.

Edited by YVK

1 hour ago, YVK said:

Many years ago Colt's Delta Elite frames cracked in a somewhat similar way, just above the slide stop hole in the frame. Nobody accused Colt for recycling Skodas, most thought that frame's flex and harmonics were in play. Colt's solution was exactly the same as CZ's, to machine the cracking part out.

Further on the subject of this discussion, my Shadow 2 broke a slide stop and almost immediately after that cracked the frame, in exactly the same spot. Slightly south of 15,000 rounds.  Given that Shadows broke slide stops at a rate no gun that I know of did, I think that this part of a gun, the slide stop and part of the frame that holds it, gets stressed out a whole lot on these guns. Shadows broke more slide stops, Shadow 2s broke more slide stop retaining blocks, maybe just a function of stronger slide stops on Shadow 2.

i don't accept  the Colt solution .they had to change all cracked frames . maybe from this reason today nobody bye Colt handguns😉?

CZ does change all broken frames. 

the world is progressing and what was "accepted" 30 years ago does not suit  today's demands.

about recycled Scoda it's only my  joke.

sh2 has small error design and it can be fixed correctly if cz want it.

Edited by yigal

• 2 months later...

@slavex. The serial number on the new frame C035351/1 corresponds with the serial number of your slide (minus the addition of the /1)?

Curious as to how that works when they send you a new lower, being in Canada and all.

yeah my new frame is marked C035351 1, sadly it's not an Arcore frame (arrrrrrggg, considering have it stripped and nitrided myself). Since we only register the frame and not the slide, it's no problem. The old frame now has my Shadow 2 Kadet kit on it and works great. Going to have it milled to remove the cracked area as well. 

• 1 month later...

My arcore finish (made in 2016) S2 developed a crack😭 I bought it directly from Cajun gun works in March 2017 and they're having me ship it back to them so they can send it back to CZ. Really sucks. But cajun is making it right and will upgrade/cajunize the replacement S2 they receive from CZ.

3 hours ago, andrew1220 said:

My arcore finish (made in 2016) S2 developed a crack😭 I bought it directly from Cajun gun works in March 2017 and they're having me ship it back to them so they can send it back to CZ. Really sucks. But cajun is making it right and will upgrade/cajunize the replacement S2 they receive from CZ.

Kudos to CGW for making it right.

10 minutes ago, je85 said:

Kudos to CGW for making it right.

I was in a panic trying to figure out what to do. I knew CZ would replace the gun under warranty but then I'd be out all of the money on getting it cajunized, new sights etc. Cajun is the best. I just hope I can get the replacement in time for Area 7 in June...If not, my cajunized SP-01 Shadow will have to suffice.

4 minutes ago, andrew1220 said:

I was in a panic trying to figure out what to do. I knew CZ would replace the gun under warranty but then I'd be out all of the money on getting it cajunized, new sights etc. Cajun is the best. I just hope I can get the replacement in time for Area 7 in June...If not, my cajunized SP-01 Shadow will have to suffice.

Area 7 is 3 months away. I would hope you get one back by then.

What state you located in?

31 minutes ago, je85 said:

Area 7 is 3 months away. I would hope you get one back by then.

What state you located in?

I sure hope so! But I know Cajun is busy. Hopefully they can quickly get it cajunized once the replacement arrives....

I’m in lovely MA...

I just got off the phone with Cajun. He said I had 2 options. Have him mill a relief cut and void the warranty OR send it back for a replacement and loose the nicer nitride finish. I told him I don’t care about the finish so let’s just send it back.

David was confident that if he milled the relief cut, it would solve the issue. Originally he had said that it’s a very light crack and it will not get any worse. I quickly told him that isn’t true as there are numerous photos online showing pieces of metal actually breaking off.

It was tempting to have him mill it as I’d probably have the gun back pretty quickly. But I would be nervous about voiding the warranty if anything happened later.

Now I play the waiting game as David had no idea how long it would take to get a replacement.

43 minutes ago, andrew1220 said:

David was confident that if he milled the relief cut, it would solve the issue. Originally he had said that it’s a very light crack and it will not get any worse. I quickly told him that isn’t true as there are numerous photos online showing pieces of metal actually breaking off.

yes u can glue it .😉