Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

shadow 2 crack?

Flyingpig

Was on the shadow 2 facebook page and a guy posted a pic of a possible crack on his slide. It was followed by several other photos of people with the same crack. so I decided to have a look at mine and voila there it was. Not completely sure but it DOES look like a crack to me. Any of you guys on this forum have this possible problem? Right side of where pin stop goes at back of slide.

shadow2.jpg

Edited by Flyingpig

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, dansedgli said:

Mine has it too. It's not a crack.

Boy...mine sure looks and feels like a crack. Are you positive? In fact if you look right on the edge at the pin stop there almost looks like a secondary crack starting at the edge also. And what worries me is that its definitely a spot of repeated impact.

Edited by Flyingpig

Since I don't Facebook, thanks for keeping us up to date on what is happening to the S-2.

I just looked at my 75 Shadow SAO and no crack.  I wonder if the Tanfo Stock 2 and 3 are having similar issues?

Since I don't Facebook, thanks for keeping us up to date on what is happening to the S-2.
I just looked at my 75 Shadow SAO and no crack.  I wonder if the Tanfo Stock 2 and 3 are having similar issues?

Not on my 2, Stock 2’s with about 12k rounds each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, WxGuy said:

they share most  parts and looks the  same , but  sh2   has  different  construction.

if 75 have cracks  this will be in other places. old 75 much better gun than sh2.

1 hour ago, WxGuy said:

Not in my stock 2 with about 15 k

2 hours ago, yigal said:

they share most  parts and looks the  same , but  sh2   has  different  construction.

if 75 have cracks  this will be in other places. old 75 much better gun than sh2.

Did they get a bad batch of scrap metal? Lol

49 minutes ago, bulm540 said:

Did they get a bad batch of scrap metal? Lol

not bad batch and not scrap metal . cz use metal not what  Americans use to feel  and proud  in 1911 guns. 

cz frames its casting like tanfoglio, but tan. metal much better. and it suitable   for handguns better .;) 

sh2  designers   made  beautiful  gun  but they forgot their engineering  skills.:o

29 minutes ago, yigal said:

not bad batch and not scrap metal . cz use metal not what  Americans use to feel  and proud  in 1911 guns. 

cz frames its casting like tanfoglio, but tan. metal much better. and it suitable   for handguns better .;) 

sh2  designers   made  beautiful  gun  but they forgot their engineering  skills.:o

That’s crazy.

9 hours ago, yigal said:

t tan. metal much better. and it suitable   for handguns better .;) 

Indeed. Seems like it is hard to machine too, since Tanfoglio seems incapable of machining their pistols to consistent dimensions and tolerances. I have two of them here collecting dust because of it.

So far between me and my Shadow 2 there is only one crack, and that one is in my ...

Edited by YVK

5 hours ago, YVK said:

Indeed. Seems like it is hard to machine too, since Tanfoglio seems incapable of machining their pistols to consistent dimensions and tolerances. I have two of them here collecting dust because of it.

So far between me and my Shadow 2 there is only one crack, and that one is in my ...

i don't know who make in tan. decisions about thermal treatment to bring  metal  to so high hardness .

but u right .   cz   have  more consistent   parts now  and very very  reliable gun in past and  at present  .they  design  in 1975  best gun for this period.

sh2 with all their redesigns shoot excellent  and very accurate, but  cz  make step back about its service  life.

they knew about this problem from the beginning  but denied   it.;)

IMG_5075.JPG

Edited by yigal

On 3/11/2018 at 10:39 PM, Flyingpig said:

Was on the shadow 2 facebook page and a guy posted a pic of a possible crack on his slide. It was followed by several other photos of people with the same crack. so I decided to have a look at mine and voila there it was. Not completely sure but it DOES look like a crack to me. Any of you guys on this forum have this possible problem? Right side of where pin stop goes at back of slide.

shadow2.jpg

I have two Shadow 2's. One has less than 5000 rounds, the other less than 500 rounds. Neither has the relief cut on frame, but the frames appear to be crack free.  However, on the slides, both have the exact same mark at the back of the slide by the firing pin retainer.  Identical to yours on both of mine. Is it a crack, or possibly a machining mark?

Edited by JGus

7 hours ago, RexKramer said:

I just picked up my virgin Shadow 2 with a born-on date of late Jan and it has the same thing. Imperfection in the machining?  Most likely. Doesn't look like a crack, though.

IMG_1366.JPG

regular signs of hammer  edge + machining  signs.

i don't think that something   wrong with  sh2  slides. its very strong slide.

Edited by yigal