Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Photos From 2005 Uspsa Revolver Nat'ls

Carmoney

Hey Sascha

Do you know the winner of the super senior revolver winner?  His name is Helmut Goetz, if he is the same person I know then would you tell him "hi" and all the guys from El Paso and Alamogordo say Hi also.

He retired from the German Air force and was stationed at Ft Bliss and Hollaman AFB  a couple of years ago, and use to shoot with the USPSA clubs out there.

Hi John,

I will tell him, when I see him next time on a match! In between, I´ll try to get his mail-adress and send it to you by pm

DVC!

Sascha

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE...

Randy, The gun ran great.....

If anyone wants to know the best place to get your gun tuned up, ask Randy !

He can point you in the right direction.... ;)

Cliff

UNQUOTE

B**t Kissing sounds heard between FLORIDA and ARIZONA !!!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

on a more serious note.

Sure would be nice to get some more of you "Westerners" to come shoot, might even make 30 next year !!!!!  (Randy and crew out west)

Hop

After the Steel Challenge, and if I can pry MY 625 out of Lisa Farrell's fingers after the World Shoot, I'm hoping to join you all next year! I'll see if I can corral Jason Pettitt and John Bagakis into going too.

My master plan- take over USPSA one cylinder at a time! Heheheh...

In all seriousness, I know it would be more fun than I could handle. Revo folks have always been the nicest IMO. Sure, they talk a lot of trash, but when the chips are down, they all stick together and help one another out.

I wonder if I can get Mike Voigt to shoot a round gun? :P

I'm also very thankful you guys like my stuff. New cylinder release and L-frame hammers on the way next.

Revo folks have always been the nicest  IMO. Sure, they talk a lot of trash, but when the chips are down, they all stick together and help one another out.

All kidding aside (but for only a second), this experience was really great for Sam and me. As much fun as we've had messing with each other all along, nobody took it over the line. If I didn't already know a bunch of these guys beforehand, I never would have believed a squad of competitors at this level would be so open, helpful, and supportive at a national match.

Over the last year, Sam and I have made some really great friends at these matches, here at home and around the country, and I can't wait until the next time we can all get together, hopefully with many more of you guys out there, and do it all again!

While at this point I'm not sure the powers-that-be in USPSA remember that there is a Revolver division, if we showed up next year with enough fast waiting-list entries to fill 2 or 3 big fun squads, that would maybe start to get their attention!!

But no matter, it's not about recognition from outside, it's not about prize tables and trophies, and it's not about whether Barry gets hot and humid in the summertime--it's about having a great experience for 2-1/2 days with some of the highest-quality people you could ever hope to meet.

And Cliff also.

;)

Randy, The gun ran great.....

If anyone wants to know the best place to get your gun tuned up, ask Randy !

He can point you in the right direction.... ;)

Cliff

B**t Kissing sounds heard between FLORIDA and ARIZONA !!!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

on a more serious note.

Sure would be nice to get some more of you "Westerners" to come shoot, might even make 30 next year !!!!!  (Randy and crew out west)

Hop

After the Steel Challenge, and if I can pry MY 625 out of Lisa Farrell's fingers after the World Shoot, I'm hoping to join you all next year! I'll see if I can corral Jason Pettitt and John Bagakis into going too.

My master plan- take over USPSA one cylinder at a time! Heheheh...

In all seriousness, I know it would be more fun than I could handle. Revo folks have always been the nicest IMO. Sure, they talk a lot of trash, but when the chips are down, they all stick together and help one another out.

I wonder if I can get Mike Voigt to shoot a round gun? :P

I'm also very thankful you guys like my stuff. New cylinder release and L-frame hammers on the way next.

One Cylinder at a time....that's got to get on a t-shirt...

Watch Bagakis, I shot on a squad with him last weekend, you need a handicap score with that guy, he's so good...I would think that with a squad that had Bagakis/Carden/Crow for starters, they could give the super squad a run for their money...(Frankel as the sleeper)

michaels

Had that going good Mike till you said the "Cliff" word again.

Just so everybody knows I'm kidding at the end of my last post, a few comments about El Conquistador:

Those results don't lie...right now Cliff is the best revolver IPSC shooter out there, with the singular exception of Jerry Miculek. If you look back at old match results over the past year, you see just how good this guy shoots in every match he enters. He was the oddsmakers' favorite for 2nd spot at the Nationals, and performed up to expectation, although Dan certainly made him sweat. Most of the rest of us had moments of glory, but Cliff truly understands this game and really knows how to get the job done in the final analysis. I have no doubt that Cliff will do extremely well in Ecuador, and although there are a couple of talented wheelgunners from other parts of the world, I believe Team USA will make it clear that the revolver is a uniquely American institution! :)

Furthermore, Cliff's also a really great guy--I might have mentioned this on here before, but when I was in a panic trying to make sure I got signed up in time for the Florida Open last winter, Cliff went over to Frank's range and paid my entry fee up front--spotting me the money--just to make sure I'd make it in. And at that point, I was just some shooter that Cliff had never met (although my buddy Sam K. might have vouched for me a little). I'll always be grateful for that act of consideration.

El Conquistador, go kick some ass at World Shoot XIV!!

Mike

Mike,

I was laughing so hard after that last post I forgot to feel sorry for Cliff.

Heres my take on the whole nationals experience. Take it for what it is worth, agree or disagree.

I shoot revolver for one reason. Because I like to. I don't ask for special stages with six shot arrays, just set it up and I will shoot it. I am in this sport because the people I have met are by far the best people around, bar none. Revolver folk might be a little off center, but I cannot remember having more fun shooting with FRIENDS than I did this past week. Did we get screwed at the awards? Damn right we did. Am I suprised, no. I actually come to expect it from our current leadership. We were talking at the awards, and we thought that if it wasn't for Jerry, revolver division would probably not even be around.

That being said, am I going to come back. Yes. I wouldn't miss it for the world. If we quite shooting revolver that is like saying they win and I won't let that happen. I kind of like being a pain in the ass to some people. (Rant mode off)

To all the guys I met this week, it was fun putting faces with avatars finally, I can't wait to meet up again, it was a blast.

Tom Mainus

Tom;

Amen. I couldn't put it better myself. I like shooting wheelgun for the sake of shooting a wheelgun. The people in this game, especially the wheelies, are what really make it great. Sure there are some boneheads, but that's true of anywhere else. Thanks again to everybody in my squad, USPSA couldn't have put together a better group of guys if they tried, but we made it easy on them, all they had to do was see what division we were in and lump us together. See you next year, if not sooner.

" (although my buddy Sam K. might have vouched for me a little)"

Mike,

that would have gone against you... ;)

thanks for the kind words. Was is $5 a word or letter, I forget??

Cliff, it's on the house this time.....

I just seem to be in a sensitive, sentimental mood tonight, for some reason....earlier I saw a douche commercial on TV and immediately burst into tears.

I think I need to switch back to scotch.

Tom I couldn't have said it any better. I hope you all let me play like I'm worthy of shooting with you again.

Mighty fine group of wheel gunners.

Ken S.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, I dont know what to think about M. Voight SH#@T'IN on the REVO div the way he did.

Last year's award ceremony they recognized the top 4 revo finishers, as well as top senior and super senior, plus the stage winners [all but three going to Jerry, I recall]. So, what was different this year? Didn't they reduce the time allowed for the award ceremony in order to run the two matches back-to-back in 3-1/2 days each? The Ltd/Pro/Rev match awards were scheduled for Wed morning, with registration for the Open/L-10 match that afternoon.

Not making excuses for MV's views on Rev Div, but the oversight might be partly due to time constraints of the new format. However, if other divisions got the same treatment as last year, but we didn't, then there's a bias, unconscious or otherwise, at work. That might call for some comments addressed to the board through your respective Area Directors.

BTW, I really missed not being there this year, after shooting the previous 2 Nationals.

Stan P

[Not making excuses for MV's views on Rev Div, but the oversight might be partly due to time constraints of the new format.

I am sure that was a factor. It was just MV and one helper getting the awards out. A lot of the horsepower that has been around in the past to help was out at the range...making sure the next match was setup. (from what I gathered)

That 1 helper was Joy Heiden, from Arkansas.

Joy is one of the much under appreciated, overworked people in our sport....

You will see Joy (and David) at USPSA Nationals, Area-4, Arkansas Anything, and who knows where.

Joy and David are Class Acts, and Joy can really do STATS too !!! (That is what she did at A-4, Arkansas Everything, and USPSA Nationals).

Thanks for all the Hard work Joy, and all other who deserve the extra "Thank YOU" :)

Hopalong / Sam Keen

Professor,

Last year they recognized the top 8 finishers and we all got our names called to receive our trophys just like everyone else. I know because my eighth place trophy is hanging on the wall in my gun room.

Tom Mainus

David & Joy Hyden

badglide@cox-internet.com

Dave is probably one of the top Section Coordinators in the US and Joy is probably the best Stat person as well.

Just my somewhat biased opinion...

Wonderful pics! Rudi and I had a camera but between pushing / pulling our cart up and down those trails we were too tired to take any pics.These photos will certainly push me to train harder and be back next year. Good luck to all going to Ecuador!