Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Photos From 2005 Uspsa Revolver Nat'ls

Carmoney

We're still on a dial-up connection out here, so it takes a while to upload these...I'll try to post a couple each day, and would welcome any additions from the group!

Here's the winner, Jerry Miculek....when reloading he likes to transfer the gun to his off-hand so both hands stay busy....it obviously works very well for him!

post-4033-1121910664_thumb.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's Cliff Walsh, the M-class shooter who moved above 85% of Jerry's score to finish in the strongest second-place that's ever been posted against the big guy.

They tell me that's really good. I wouldn't really know.

It looked good, though. When you see Cliff move, you understand why it's really no surprise his skills have made him a household name in the nation of Ecuador.

post-4033-1121911679_thumb.jpg

Here's an example of the novice gun-handling skills of the fourth-place finisher....the revolver has obviously just gone off, but what the hell kind of grip and stance am I using???? Hell, I have absolutely no clue, I'm obviously new at this stuff.

I've had the opportunity to read through "Beyond Fundamentals," though. Unfortunately, nowhere does it say to shoot with the brim of your hat blocking your view of both the sights and the targets, no matter how in touch with your inner Zen peace you may find yourself. God, how embarrassing.

I suppose I just need to accept the fact that I'm still a beginner, practice hard, and try to do better next year....

post-4033-1121912507_thumb.jpg

Here's the winner, Jerry Miculek....when reloading he likes to transfer the gun to his off-hand so both hands stay busy....it obviously works very well for him!

You mean all you guys have been reloading keeping your strong hand on the gun the whole time??? Wow. I was *taught* to reload a revolver Jerry's way a long time ago :) Guess I'm actually doing something right, occasionally, even with a wheel gun!! :)

Here it is, Tom--here is the photo of Sammy demonstrating the blaze of intensity that has come to define our younger generation.

The revolver squad had moved on to Stage 11 and was in the process of starting the walk-through, when someone realized we were one guy short of a full squad. Looking back over at the empty gallery of the previous stage, we found Sam fast asleep in his chair.....

(Cliff, am I using those words "stage" and "squad" correctly? Sometimes I still get mixed up on those.)

post-4033-1121918388_thumb.jpg

Mike, tell Dan that all of us out here from Richmond are wishing him good luck (he's already got the skill) and tell him to kick some butt...

Could you try for some more photos of him, maybe try his good side too? :D

thanks,

michaels

Spook, the government of Ecuador actually sent a media team to follow around their national hero, Clifford Walsh. Here, I managed to push my way to the front of the throng of Ecuadorian admirers to get this shot of El Conquistador on Stage 17:

post-4033-1121946184_thumb.jpg

Michaels, Lucky Dan managed to shoot a very strong match, finishing in third place overall. Here's another photo of Dan from his good side--I did my best to avoid the other side because of the obvious deformities, since Dan always takes off the Phantom of the Opera half-mask to ensure a full field of vision while he shoots.

post-4033-1121947018_thumb.jpg

Three of the most talented and experienced revolver guys around: 

Rudi, Jerry, and Patrick.

Hi Carmoney.

Do you or anyone else have a pic of Jerrys (or anyone who wears them like him) clip holders when they are full? It looks like he's stacking two clips in one holder, with the top one upside-down?

I still haven't figured out the best way to bring along my eight (or eleven.. :P ..) clips on stage without dropping a few on the run.... :angry:

Randy Lee,

Piss on being on the pit crew !!!!!!

Bring that hogleg and get in the race !!!!!!!

We need more new faces to come whip our azz, like this year !!!!!

More fun than whould be allowed by law !!!!! (according to some)

SAM

Great pics Mike !!!!

Congratulations to all you guys! Perhaps next year I can go as a pit crew member?

Randy,

The gun ran great. Thanks. I saw a few guys had your guns on our squad.

If anyone wants to know the best place to get your gun tuned up, ask Randy. He can point you in the right direction... ;)

Cliff

He means the one jerry has double stacked in the pic. that clip is the one for LAMR (that is load and make ready Mike ;) ). that way he still has all his holders full for the run.