Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Carry Optics Rules

OPENB

11 minutes ago, NickBlasta said:

A replacement takedown lever is illegal already because the CO rules don't allow you to replace it. An aftermarket slide stop is allowed, so I'd have to assume it's legal until the rules say otherwise.

I’d say Troy response was not based on the fact that takedown lever is not mentioned in rules since the rules state minor external components like...etc. but has to do more with it being a thumb rest. 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FYI I send Troy McManus an email asking about the legality of the parts for the takedown lever for sig xfive and the slide stop for the tanfoglio. He said that they are not legal. “Anything that is a thumbrest for production and carry optics are not legal” 😫😫😫 I guess that’s that.

Edited by Gviz

57 minutes ago, HoMiE said:

I’d say Troy response was not based on the fact that takedown lever is not mentioned in rules since the rules state minor external components like...etc. but has to do more with it being a thumb rest. 

You are correct sir 👍

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, mreed911 said:

Wonder what that means for the new Beretta 92X which comes with that from the factory.  Won't be added to the Production list because of it?

It probably will. Just like how you can use the beavertail backstrap on a gen 4 Glock, but can’t add a beaver tail to a gen 3. And how gen 5’s, with their flared magwell, are allowed.