Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Carry Optics Rules

OPENB

On 3/1/2018 at 12:03 PM, tomjerry1 said:

Com on now, why no comps, seems we're a tad short of Open!

Scared of getting beat by us CO cats I see, LOL...LOL

Shooting a frame mounted red dot minor might get you last place with a comp in Open...........

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 1:26 PM, MBaneACP said:

A probably dumb question...in reading that slide lightening cuts are now acceptable in CO, is it safe to assume that cutting a 45 degree angle on the front of the slide, the so-called "bullnose" cuts or radiuses muzzle (per Billy Wilson), are legal as well, since they do remove a (tiny bit) of weight? I ask because my EDC has such a cut, and I'd like to shoot it in a match every so often...

Michael B

There were already several people using Glocks from TT that had the cut you describe.  Now it's actually legal.  ;)

You should be fine.

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, himurax13 said:

It sucks that this is legal for IDPA and not USPSA.7097860dd461f8e0e13ed55cfca881e4.jpgda8a03bf0c13ad5bb5311fd97ab2ec30.jpg

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Just wait, something will change I'd bet.

But agreed, IDPA being Less Restrictive than USPSA?  But round counts are different IDPA still at 10, USPSA now at 140mm!!!

Just wait, something will change I'd bet.
But agreed, IDPA being Less Restrictive than USPSA?  But round counts are different IDPA still at 10, USPSA now at 140mm!!!
Considering that all of the non PCC divisions are at 10 or less, that is a moot point.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Okay I’ve been out of the game and away from the forums for awhile. Am I understanding this correctly: Flat faced triggers in glocks are now legal in carry optics?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/9/2018 at 4:17 PM, JAFO said:

There were already several people using Glocks from TT that had the cut you describe.  Now it's actually legal.  ;)

You should be fine.

Yeah, but some how that does not change profile of gun, but if you put a Seattle Slug In it’s illegal because it changes profile guess it depends on who mods the gun??

On 6/9/2018 at 5:21 PM, fireman1776 said:

Okay I’ve been out of the game and away from the forums for awhile. Am I understanding this correctly: Flat faced triggers in glocks are now legal in carry optics?!

I can do you one better than that: they’re legal in Cappy Optics AND in Production now.

Production is now cool with any aftermarket safety or hammer or trigger your little heart desires to install.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to admit I talked trash on CO shooters that I’m friends with... then I shot CO and must say it’s fun as hell shooting with a dot. I no longer talk trash though I have not made the switch. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2018 at 3:58 PM, BritinUSA said:

So why is it not legal for CO? I thought the maximum weight was 45 oz.

The  pistol in the picture looks to be a SP01 frame with a Tactical Sport slide.  That particular combination was never marketed by CZ, to the best of my knowledge.

• 4 months later...

BritinUSA thanks for the link. Was looking specifically for info on threaded barrels usage. After viewing a couple of other threads and finding some information on the topic it appears as if a pistol is a legal model on the list and that model came with a threaded barrel it could be used. I have a Glock gen3 34,they ran some with threaded barrels so I figure I should be good to go with a threaded of same length on mine. 

2 hours ago, vgdvc said:

BritinUSA thanks for the link. Was looking specifically for info on threaded barrels usage. After viewing a couple of other threads and finding some information on the topic it appears as if a pistol is a legal model on the list and that model came with a threaded barrel it could be used. I have a Glock gen3 34,they ran some with threaded barrels so I figure I should be good to go with a threaded of same length on mine. 

Don’t think the G34 ever had a TB option and don’t see any of the TB models on the production list. Any aftermarket barrel has to be +/- 0.1” so in length so threaded barrel no go. 

HoMIE,I'll have to find the thread and try to link it here. I do remember at a local gun shop a batch of factory G 34 with threaded barrels available for a limited time, this is a while back.The same situation was asked of Troy at USPSA regarding a Smith & Wesson M&P core that had a threaded barrel option and was deemed to be okay to put an aftermarket threaded barrel in same model M&P. Commentator was going to print it out and keep it with him if he went to any level 2 and up matches.

39 minutes ago, telligentgunner said:

It's not clear if either of these are legal/illegal. All it says is that a light cannot be attached. If they are allowed, I'm going to hose some stages.

toni.thumb.jpg.dd8f1f464e8e5589b6c39e6a9604f96b.jpg

2c5425566bf10a1620bdef7da49b81f6.thumb.jpg.a004ece09b2d9fa349d0151e358207b8.jpg

Apparently you can take the bulb out of a light and it’s no longer a light.