• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2/23/2018 at 9:44 PM, Needham said:

Question: 

It seems most guys are lubing when processing brass, then tumbling the lube off before loading. 

Now with the revolution, it is an all in one machine..... so is lubing to process brass unnecessary on the revolution???

Hello Fellow Bullet Enthusiast,

We over here at Mark 7 always recommend lubing your brass as it helps to reduce wear and tear on your dies.

Even if you are using the revolution, since your dies are moving constantly faster the lube will come in handy.

We like to use hornady one shot for our pistol ammo and a lanolin base for our rifle.

Thank You,

Mark 7 Reloading Team

On 2/23/2018 at 10:18 PM, Wheelsonly said:

I’m ready buy one to replace my 2

month old 1050. As a multi gunner I’m really liking the 10 stage option. Please let me know when you have a manual machine available I’d like to expedite one. 

Good Morning Sir,

Below is a link to our manual press and if you have any questions please call us at 1-888-462-7577

If you'd like to purchase one we highly recommend doing that as soon as possible to get your machine as there is a lot of interest in these presses.

https://www.markvii-loading.com/The-Evolution_p_410.html

We look forward to hearing from you,

Mark 7 Reloading Team

7 minutes ago, LowBoost said:

Mark 7: Once your prep case & loading in a single pass is complete, what is your recommended process to remove the lube from the rifle cases? 

Top of the Morning to ya good sir,

We'd recommend removing the lube in a dry tumble with corncob media.

Appreciate you reaching out to us,

Mark 7 Reloading Team

1 hour ago, Mark7 said:

Good Morning Sir,

Below is a link to our manual press and if you have any questions please call us at 1-888-462-7577

If you'd like to purchase one we highly recommend doing that as soon as possible to get your machine as there is a lot of interest in these presses.

https://www.markvii-loading.com/The-Evolution_p_410.html

We look forward to hearing from you,

Mark 7 Reloading Team

Can you you guys quote me for a 3 gun package 9mm .223  everything I would need to load both calibers on you manual press 

5 minutes ago, Wheelsonly said:

Can you you guys quote me for a 3 gun package 9mm .223  everything I would need to load both calibers on you manual press 

Hey there,

We do offer multiple caliber conversion kits that you can switch on and off the press for the desired bullet you wish to create.

If give you us a ring at 1-888-462-7577 and click for sales, they will be able to get you sorted out with everything you would need including the addition of different caliber conversion kits with the evolution manual press.

Thank You,

Mark 7 Reloading Team

• 2 months later...

they need to make a mod on this where you can double it up, have it feed cases at both the 6 and 12 o'clock positions to load already primed/processed brass.  we only load processed brass, weather we prime it ourselves or buy it primed depends on cost and availability but it's just soooooooooo much smoother to run pre primed brass.

feed, powder drop, bullet drop, seat, crimp, eject fro stations 1-5 and then same with stations 6-10.  

then it would run "slow enough" that regular Dillon case feeders and the mr. bullet feeder will work fine, plus most of us already have those things along with lower cost.

with this set up 1500 strokes would be 3,000 rounds an hour without the need to speed it up which is when things tend to go wrong and crash.  if the end user still wan'ts to run the thing fast 2,000 strokes an hour would be 4,000 rounds, that's in the area of $30,000+ machines.

plate would rotate slower to make 2x the rounds, possibly if the end user wan'ts to get really crazy 2 different calibers, say 9mm and 45.

the company i am with has zero interest in a revolution due to cost vs the production numbers.  we run 3 mk7 1050s and 5 ammoloads.  if a stripped down revolution set up the same way as i described above were available without feders in say the $5,000, maybe $6,000 with some sensors we'd be buying some for sure, if they work as well as the conecpt we'd be selling off all the ammoloads (around 3500rph) and going to a duel revolution that could do 4k+ at a fraction of the cost.  

• 3 weeks later...

Talked to them today, looks like they are on schedule to ship end of this month to dealers. Placed an order for an Evolution Pro with powder sensor. They were pretty positive I could receive it by first week of August.

14 hours ago, tanks said:

Talked to them today, looks like they are on schedule to ship end of this month to dealers. Placed an order for an Evolution Pro with powder sensor. They were pretty positive I could receive it by first week of August.

Awesome! I ordered the manual press with the conversion kit for my existing mark 7 with the primer setup and conversions for all my sensors + the new powder sensor.

I cant wait to get this thing going. What do I do with my old one that now becomes a manual press? #firstworldproblems

1 hour ago, slavex said:

Got my letter regarding licence approval and export for my Revo today, looking forward to playing with it soon.

Pics video etc when you get it.  Also if you have a Dillon pros and cons.

thx

I have 4 1050's currently, one of which, an old RL1050 is Mk7 automated. I expect that at least 3 of the machines will be getting sold, possibly all 4. Although I think I'll keep one just to process brass. I do 9mm and 223 on the Mk7 unit right now. the two Super 1050s are setup in 9mm and 40 and the other RL is for 223, but I just yanked the toolhead off of it and threw it on the automated press along with the shellplate to process 223. 

This maybe the way I go. Have 3 Dillon’s. 2 650s and a 550. 650s one for pistol and one for rifle. Been having issues with my pistol 650 since I bought it. Several calls to dillon for parts and help and couple months ago had to send press back. Got press back set it back up looked good till today first time using it since I got it back. Broken again. Really disappointed with this press. It’s just not right and I think the lemon term comes to mind with it. If they don’t replace it I think it’s time to move on from them. Other 2 never 1 issues but this press is just crap. I only load my comp loads for my Sv,s on my pistol press. Mark 7 what would you recommend for me to just load 40 for comp rds. Thanks. A unhappy Dillon customer.lol. 

Edited by Dirtchevy841

3 hours ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

... Mark 7 what would you recommend for me to just load 40 for comp rds. Thanks. A unhappy Dillon customer.lol. 

How much money do you have to spare?

Cheaper - The Evolution, a manual press.

Cost more - The Evolution Pro automatic (still have to dump primers)

Most expensive - The Revolution, automatic everything.

Seeing that I am just loading competition rounds for my .40 as well I ordered the Evolution Pro as I no longer wished to pull the handle. I have an Rf-100 so dumping primers every 3 minutes or so is not an issue along with a handful of bullets.

29 minutes ago, tanks said:

How much money do you have to spare?

Cheaper - The Evolution, a manual press.

Cost more - The Evolution Pro automatic (still have to dump primers)

Most expensive - The Revolution, automatic everything.

Seeing that I am just loading competition rounds for my .40 as well I ordered the Evolution Pro as I no longer wished to pull the handle. I have an Rf-100 so dumping primers every 3 minutes or so is not an issue along with a handful of bullets.

Leaning the same pro. Pm sent. 

9 hours ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

Leaning the same pro. Pm sent. 

I was literally checking out conversion kits for the evolution.  It’s a tough pill to swallow for some of them. 

I might just keep one of my 1050s around to crank out ammo that I don’t shoot very often with manual pulls of the handle :(   

• 3 weeks later...

I have owned four 1050's (Not Super 1050's) and one 550.  I don't own any of them now.  I know folks have great success with them but I could never keep a good run going on a 1050 without some glitch occurring.  I hated the flex in the shellplate on the 1050.  I bought my first Star Universal in 1979 (I was nineteen) and own nine of them now and about twenty toolheads.  I was thinking about downsizing in my golden years and ordering two 1050's.  Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread.  I had seen videos of the Evolution but the close up still photos really helped.  I have finally found a press that has me enthusiastic (Evolution Pro) to start listing all of my Star equipment on eBay.

I plan on ordering two of them

Best regards.

Bob

I see the used Dillon pricing coming down steadily over the next few years.  I think there are lot's of 1050 owners who will start unloading (lol) their machines in favor of the Evolution and Revolution.  

On 5/28/2018 at 4:45 AM, Thetimb said:

I was literally checking out conversion kits for the evolution.  It’s a tough pill to swallow for some of them. 

I might just keep one of my 1050s around to crank out ammo that I don’t shoot very often with manual pulls of the handle :(   

That's what I plan on doing use the 1050 for the few thousand rounds of 9MM I shoot a year. Plan on selling my 650XL without the case feeder. I also ordered an automated Case Pro 100 that I will use the case feeder from the 650 to make sure all brass is processed prior to feeding them to the Evolution Pro.

6 hours ago, rmantoo said:

I see the used Dillon pricing coming down steadily over the next few years.  I think there are lot's of 1050 owners who will start unloading (lol) their machines in favor of the Evolution and Revolution.  

I agree.  I'm not meaning to sound like a one-trick-pony here but I do look back on past experience.  Back in ancient times (1979), I started shooting Bullseye Pistol as a nineteen year old.  Other members of the club asked me what kind of reloading press I had and I proudly replied that I had a Rock Chucker.  Several mentioned that they had Star machines and I remember thinking "What the hell is a Star?"   About a month later our match got rained out and I ended up over at a member's house and he took me out into his reloading room.  He had a Star Universal tricked out with a case feeder and an indexer and he was loading 7-800 rounds per hour with his wife filling primer tubes.  That machine was the most magnificent thing I'd ever seen and I had to have one.  The problem was that they were back-ordered for over a year and cost $1000 in 1979.  The Dillon 450 came out and demand for the Star started to decline.  The 550 arrived and even fewer folks wanted to spring for a Star machine.  I got a 450, had my first squib load ever or since (my fault) and sold it.  I bought a Star for $500 and still have it.  I purchased eight more in various pistol and rifle calibers since.  Thinking it over today, I owned six 1050's over the years.  I've had great grouping ammo come out of them.  I have however, never truly been happy with any of them.  I frequently had some priming failure (usually) or some other problem interrupt my production runs once I thought I had sorted things out or got the machine back from Dillon.  All in all, with a casefeeder but no indexer, I could load higher volumes of pistol ammo on a Star than a 1050 due to the lack of stoppages.  The 1050 did have features I liked such as the swaging station, not dumping powder on an empty station, standard indexing and case feeding, and loaded round ejection.  My like of these features did not equal out with the frustration I felt with fairly frequent stoppages my 1050's experienced.

We are getting out of California next year.  I have been trying to downsize for the move (gave away my big Axelson lathe because of the space it took up and not wanting to move it).  I had decided to get rid of my bench full of Star equipment and buy two Super 1050's.  Once I started looking and saw the Evolution, I won't even consider a 1050 now.  If these things work like I hear they do, the difference in cost is a small price for the ten position toolhead, standard features, other improvements.  I will be keeping a couple of Star machines for less frequently loaded calibers but expect to see two Evolution Pros on my bench in the next year.

The 1050 has had a hell of a run.   I'm sure that they will continue to be popular, not just as popular.  I think it's possible that we'll see used ones for sale on eBay more frequently in the future.

Best regards.

Bob

Edited by Marvin Gardens

I am in the boat of having “the best” equipment...There is never really a needs for it, it’s just part of the hobby for me.

I personally have 2 1050’s (super and rl) and a 650/case...  I typically load one long session on each when needed and do not touch them for 6 months or so.  It’s lovly not ever needing to worry about ammo crisis or prices of ammo.  It’s also nice to know, I can go load out ammo tayored to specific guns anytime I want.

The Evo has been on my radar, but... just as anything goes, we are all assuming it’s going to be the greatest press made without any actual proof of it.  If it is, I’ll gladly sell my Dillon stuff!  But the fact that I can’t even find a video of an actual non sponsored shooter/rep/someone given a preproduction model is annoying.  

I get it, that’s coming... not enough people have gotten theirs yet, etc...  I’ll just wait and see what the actual feedback is before doing anything drastic.

the other thing that I worry about is support.  Dillon is “one in the hand”.  Sure a few of the guys over there are older “get off my lawn” guys, but many of them are fantastic!  They have ALWAYS warrantied 1050 parts for me, with minimal questions or fuss.  They also always can answer just about any questions I need answering.

i called Mark 7 about the Evo press twice and both times, two separate reps, couldn’t even tell me what the damn press came with or details on what a package would run if Inordered it. Did I get a call back from someone there? Sure a few days later, but still that was concerning.

If a part breaks, my press goes down, or other, currently I am not confident that my issue will be resolved quickly... that goes a long way for me.

So, I am sure at some point I’ll be switching to mark7... when is that time?  When in my mind they are actually better all the way around that Dillon is.  I certainly  don’t think I anyone can say that out of the gate though with no real experience with this press.

2 hours ago, Face5535 said:

the other thing that I worry about is support.  Dillon is “one in the hand”.  Sure a few of the guys over there are older “get off my lawn” guys, but many of them are fantastic!  They have ALWAYS warrantied 1050 parts for me, with minimal questions or fuss.  They also always can answer just about any questions I need answering.

i called Mark 7 about the Evo press twice and both times, two separate reps, couldn’t even tell me what the damn press came with or details on what a package would run if Inordered it. Did I get a call back from someone there? Sure a few days later, but still that was concerning.

If a part breaks, my press goes down, or other, currently I am not confident that my issue will be resolved quickly... that goes a long way for me.

So, I am sure at some point I’ll be switching to mark7... when is that time?  When in my mind they are actually better all the way around that Dillon is.  I certainly  don’t think I anyone can say that out of the gate though with no real experience with this press.

I have called them as well. Because of all the options they referred me to their "package builder" on the web page and that is fair enough. Last several months the configurations were changing as well (with dies, whose dies, without dies etc.). Does Mr. BulletFeeder come with a stand (it does not, but the one from DAA does) etc. etc.. Having run a company that offered standard products with options I can relate to new salespeople's need to get more info from someone up the chain.

In regards to support, as gossipy as our community is I am sure Mark 7 realizes that is a big issue and lack of support would kill all the enthusiasm. With all the backorders etc. they still let the shipping dates slip 3 months in order to resolve production issues rather than ship a machine that is "good enough". That actually made me think better of them in regards to quality. Now, I am still keeping a 1050 for backup, just in case there are issues that require me to send the machine back for service.

In regards to support, in at least the last two posts, I’m assuming they do not have an auto drive from Mark 7 since questioning their support. From what I’ve seen and read they have excellent support, for current auto drive owners there is a closed facebook group. I’ve seen one or two people have posted about lack of support, only to have their claims be refuted by mark7 usually within minutes of the said posting.
I commented on a Post by a member describing a problem about a sensor, indicating I had the same issue intermittently. Mark7 opened a ticket and resolved the issue without me having to contact them. Another instance, I inquired about a sale they were having (again on Facebook) and received a call from them not more than 5 minutes later. I think their support will be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, cvincent said:

In regards to support, in at least the last two posts, I’m assuming they do not have an auto drive from Mark 7 since questioning their support. From what I’ve seen and read they have excellent support, for current auto drive owners there is a closed facebook group. I’ve seen one or two people have posted about lack of support, only to have their claims be refuted by mark7 usually within minutes of the said posting.
I commented on a Post by a member describing a problem about a sensor, indicating I had the same issue intermittently. Mark7 opened a ticket and resolved the issue without me having to contact them. Another instance, I inquired about a sale they were having (again on Facebook) and received a call from them not more than 5 minutes later. I think their support will be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct, I have little experience with the company.  I simply was stating a concern, not questioning what reality is or is not.

Just voicing thoughts and concerns is all... I guess time will tell.