Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need 2011 mags, suggestions

Treeclmbr

Can't speak to the new STI mags, but the old ones had thin, soft feed lips and needed tuning often.  I've tuned my Infinity Gen 1 mags once and they have stayed tuned.  One of my MBX mags needed tuning because I did something stupid.  The others run fine.    Now I just run my MBX mags all the time.  I use two Infinity mags for Classifiers where I have to drop the mags in the dirt.  The STIs are for dry fire practice. 

14 minutes ago, andyivan said:

What’s wrong with them? 

I have issues with the followers riding too high. Have attempted to go through Mr. Cobb to get these issues addressed but have been unsuccessful. If I had the opportunity to do it over again I would go STI tubes, Grams guts and TTI pads which is what I use for my minor gun with zero issues. Thought I would save myself the tuning but it turns out (a.) The “factory tuned” still need to be tuned and (b.) the one throat to choke is only useful if you can get a response to emails/phone calls. I’ve heard folks rave about how awesome they are which is why I purchased but this has not been my experience.

6 hours ago, Treeclmbr said:

I have heard some negatives about MBX

Slappy mc trigger , which ones are you talking about ?

140mm - .40/10mm. I picked up 4 of them new direct from MBX last August. Here is a picture from the rear of the magazine. You can see where the slide catches it. They come with instructions to load and unload the mag a half a dozen times before use or you risk damaging the follower. This is after countless loading/unloadings during practice and several matches. Still not right. 

1EA6AB21-900E-42AB-AE22-3D1ABD7E7755.jpeg.d2079bc89768ec3f47842fed3b42e36f.jpeg

My MBX mags came with instructions to fully load the mags and let them sit for at least a week before putting them in the pistol.  I put an empty mag in the gun and gently closed the slide.  I could see where the slide would hit the follower, because it was too high.  So I followed the instructions, except I let them sit for 1 1/2 weeks.  After that they took 20 rounds reloadable, and fed every round from slide lock or slide closed.  Can't same the same for my STI and SVI mags. 

I’ve tried letting them set for weeks and even leave them loaded between range trips. No amount of “set” time has corrected the issue. Mine are easily 20 reloadable and will all fit 21. Had these since August so we’re talking months of sitting loaded total. Just my experience YMMV. 

1 minute ago, Treeclmbr said:

Dosent seem right that you have to do so much work to them and maybe,maybe not, there going to be reliable

This is often the case with most 2011 mags regardless of maker. STI mags are notorious for needing a fair amount of work to get feed lips in spec etc. This is why you can find so much info on "tuning" 2011 mags.

6 minutes ago, Sarge said:

This is often the case with most 2011 mags regardless of maker. STI mags are notorious for needing a fair amount of work to get feed lips in spec etc. This is why you can find so much info on "tuning" 2011 mags.

Agreed. Also becomes more and more important the closer to the edge of reliability you run them ie light springs etc. 

Thats is the one major concern i have.

Been shooting a CZ tactical sport for 2 years and they will eat anything and arent picky about mags. Going to go to a 2011 platform and knowing they all have some mag issues i wonder if im making the right move