Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Quad load holder

biggair

The taccom chest rig is great. I have one for longer shotgun stages but I wear an extra large glove and love the Invictus practical shell holders. Just go to a match and ask to try some different holders to see what works best for you. 

6 minutes ago, Eagle4 said:

Too hard retention for me the Invictus.

I'm not sure how that one is set up, but the Taccom Sport series is set up to retain the shell on the hull only.

I prefer to have it hold on the brass on the top row.  I put a piece of grip tape on a shell, and twisted it in the holder until the brass was retained easily.

I also have an Ez8 by Gunner solutions on the way, it's worth looking up, it looks like a novel Idea.

Just got some king caddies in, so far I'm impressed.  Smooth release with great retention.  Winchester AA don't work great in them because the brass head is not magentic.  The federal and fiocchi I use are fine.

I have the carbon arms backbone 24, Taccom Quad holders and the invictus practical.  I also have big hands (long fingers)  they all have their advantages.   I run the backbone on a chest rig when shooting shotgun only matches, when shooting regular 3gun matches and I don't need to use a chest rig, I use the Taccom quad loaders because I have two that hold 8 rounds each.  If I only need a few extra shells, I run the invictus because I have a 8 and 4 round caddy.  Do you need all of that gear?  No you don't.  The best advice i can give you is borrow some at a match and see what you like.  you mentioned that you are just starting to quad load.  The Taccom are probably the easiest to learn from,  they overlap the shells slightly allowing you to index them easier.  Just my two cents.

Ran the Safarilands next to the Invictus this weekend. Safariland never dropped a round. Invictus I had to pick up shells several times. Not going to get rid of my invictus but I am ordering more Safariland holders today.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I started out with the Invictus Practical and I kept losing rounds or having them pop half way out. I went on to the Safariland quads and Double 8 and I am a fan. I have been lucky to have not lost a round while running the Safariland caddies. This would happen a lot, a round would hit the ground, the second round would dangle, then hit the ground. (Pics below).

load1.jpg

load2.jpg

load3.jpg