Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lightest PCC Builds

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 5:56 PM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: The Strike Industries have a similar stock to the MFT but I don't know the weight of it. I like having the stock adjustable since sometimes I just need to move it all the way in. There is another end plate stock that is non adjustable and lighter than the MFT but I can't remember the name of it. I don't mind a little more weight on the stock end. I may even try a shotgun mercury weight in the stock on a Vltor I have. It could work on a Sig MPX buffer tube also. Thanks, Eric

I have their Viper Mod-1, which they list as 6.6 oz, but they have a smaller Viper CQB which is listed as 5.8 oz.

1 hour ago, edwin garcia said:

de javu. An age old question from another time, another uspsa division...

I know its personal preference but I go for balance over weight.    I like a gun that is muzzle light and buttstock heavy.  At some point total weight comes into play but so far I've been reasonably happy with my 7# 4 oz gun. 

In my quest for improvement, I do plan on cutting back the weight but will start at the muzzle and slowly work my way back.  

Hello: I don't know if this is the lightest Sig MPX carbine but it is lighter than it was. Mission First Tactical stock, Thordsen adapter, Isler 12 1/4" carbon handguard, Hogue grip, Hiperfire 24C or 3-gun(still testing). I still have to weight it but it is lighter on the front and back. Thanks, Eric

FullSizeRender-9.jpg

On 11/28/2017 at 3:06 PM, Timido said:

Mine currently is about 6lb 2ounces with a 16" barrel and a comp.  Probably a couple of ounces to drop and that's about it. 

received_10212268115912278.jpeg

I shoot it with this handguard on it tonight at a little side match. About 3 ounces heavier than the Taccom handguard. My splits were off a lot and the gun moved around. I would think adding a little bit of weight in the front would give me a little more to hold on to and a little weight would flatten it out even more.  Well the Taccom handguard is going back on. It ran great at that weight. I think the balance is more important than as light as possible. Here it is with the Taccom handguard right about 6 pounds

received_10212059285531649.jpeg

On 12/1/2017 at 6:06 AM, Nathanb said:

I’m really tempted to pick up the taccom barrel extension for my mpx 4.5 barrel and see what a difference it makes on the bounciness. I feel that with the 8 inch barrel I get a good bit of bounce. 

You put a TACCOM mid brake extension on that barrel.....and time it between 30 and 45 off top dead center.......you'll have very little bounce or L-R movement